Linedef type 160 is broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardo

Dead Guybrush in netgames
See here for bug description: http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=678342&postcount=11

Also, as stated in that post, the bug can be found in DSZ1, in the big room with the waterfalls coming from the ceiling and the rising water. If you can't fix the bug per se, at least make each individual floating platform a unique Floating Bobbing FOF there. Similar situations might be found throughout the maps, though I didn't bother to check them. Maybe later.

Can't give each FOF its own floating thinker, since we want it to bob in unison as a contiguous unit. The game will have to be aware of when you tie it to several sectors.

since we want it to bob in unison as a contiguous unit.

Even though the platforms are apart from each other? Why do you want them to move that way? Just to be sure, you are talking about when the player jumps on top of one and the rest bob as well, right?

I'm thinking it makes more sense for when the water level raises and picks up the fof.

Even though the platforms are apart from each other? Why do you want them to move that way? Just to be sure, you are talking about when the player jumps on top of one and the rest bob as well, right?
You have to consider that even though in most situations you would want only one to bob at once, there might be some instances where that isn't the case. I guess it's important to keep that option open.

I'm thinking it makes more sense for when the water level raises and picks up the fof.

They move in unison while the water raises, even if they're separate FOFs.

You have to consider that even though in most situations you would want only one to bob at once, there might be some instances where that isn't the case. I guess it's important to keep that option open.

Sure, I understand that. I'm just curious about why they want the platforms to behave like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back