OpenGL MD2...complaint?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDoctor

I hate that word, but I guess this would be considered a complaint...or an informative thread. Yeah, I like that better.

Md2 models in the past couple version have had this one...not really an error, but a strange..way of rendering the model depending on which way the player is facing.

Let me explain through pictures;

I knew about this for a while, but its really starting to bug me. It happens in both 2D mode, and occasionally (depending which direction the player is moving in) in 3D mode.

Facing right:

Facing left:

Comparison of colors on MD2 between both pictures:

I saw this today while testing a Sonic R md2 model and a Sonic R model variation, and thought it was maybe just my models, but as it turns out, jecks models suffered the same fate as mine when tested. So uh, not sure if this can be fixed, I'm not even sure this is being posted in the right place, but I wanted to get this information out there, because its starting to bug me now.

I don't know if this happens in your editor, but some md2 animation sometimes changes the light of the model in fragmotion, so I'm not sure if this is a "feature" which didn't work in older versions.

Did you try the model in a earlier version of srb2 ?

I don't know if this happens in your editor, but some md2 animation sometimes changes the light of the model in fragmotion, so I'm not sure if this is a "feature" which didn't work in older versions.

Did you try the model in a earlier version of srb2 ?

In earlier version, this had not occured. At least to me, not sure about others.

I know it is not a problem with the editor, because as I said earlier I used different models (not only mine) as tests to see if it was an error of my models or not, and it seems that it is not the case of being my error. Jeck's models seem to have a similar effect, as well as the old Wizard model.

I think this is because there was a new OpenGL DLL for 2.1 that had new lighting on MD2 models.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back