Can't see messages outside of console. (Resolved)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ten

For some reason, "say" messages don't appear outside of the console. I have to use the console whenever I want to see what players are saying. Pressing the "talk" shows me the message I want to type but once I hit enter it's gone.

I can't figure out what's wrong here.

EDIT: PROBLEM RESOLVED
CON_HUDLINES was only set to 1.
Have no idea how that happened though. Must of been screwing around and forgot what I did.

Last edited:
Wow, that's an odd bug (I think it's a bug anyway) If someone knows what's up, then we could save people trouble in future...

Ah, I thought it was a console command. I'd set it to default if I were you tbh. (Now they need a console command to stop spammed messages appearing on-screen more than once per 5 seconds or something.

CON_HUDTIME determines how long messages are on-screen. Make sure it isn't set to 0.

Actually, CON_HUDTIME was set to its default of 5, it was CON_HUDLINES that was the problem. It doesn't work if it's set to 1 apparently.

Thanks for your help though. I had no idea what I was looking for.

I have a similar issue; on some resolutions, the first character on the left is cut off every hud message; but appears propery in the console.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back