• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Dash's World: Moving to releases/massive update

Status
Not open for further replies.
What should I do to fix Dash? I wanted to make him taller than Sonic, mabye if I made him a little shorter, then would he look better? Mabye one of you guys could touch up the sprites, I need help with my character. :|

Unless I can get a good spriter willing to help me with Dash, I'll just make him in the cutscenes.

Ritz said:
It's a walking pencil get in the car
Wow, that statement encourages me to do better on my project and now I know what I need to work on, thanks Ritz! :D

Hah. Try this, then: His body is too rigid and bland. That's the catch with clothing- if said clothes are too simplistic, they can't possibly look right without adding all sorts of minor details like folds and buttons, which can be quite a task for budding artists such as yourself, as they'll only make things worse if they aren't done properly. Oh, and he's too skinny.

Basically, either (Ideally) give him some more interesting attire, detail what you've got now to make his clothes less rigid and plastic-esque, or just ditch the whole thing.

It's been about a month now and in that month, I've completed and changed many things, the HUD posistions for single player are finished, flats and textures are almost finished, single player, match, ctf, and race levels are still in early development, music for the mod is saidly going to have to be non-original, cutscenes are going to be remade, socs are not finished, but I already have alot done,

List of socs:
Gems stay at a constant brightness
Small animals from enemies removed
OpenGL lighting effects
Day to Night feature
Custom enemies
scenery
New things
Custom socced abilities

There is alot more stuff, but I can't seem to remember the rest.

In my mod, I'm changing everything from the sheilds to the font style.

I still haven't decided on the number of levels, but I'm going to have levels for every single game type, and levels in every different type of enviroment I can think of. This mod is going to be a FULL modification, even after eveything is complete, I'll still fix bugs and add new things.

This is going to take a VERY long time to finish, because I want this to be a high quality wad, I am going to take my time with this mod and make sure that every little detail I put in to it works correctly, a beta version will come out before the end of summer, comments, bug reports and criticism are always excepted.
-DashFox2007

Dash doesn't come with the mod as a playable character, he's in the cutscenes instead(and he looks way better then he did in the screenshots I posted a while ago.)

AND, he is going to be an add-on, not the only playable character.

Most of the people here would prefer not to have a character with the mod, Dash is not going to be included with the zip, he is going to be a separate download for all the people that would still like to use him.
icon_razz.gif

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuttttttttttiiiiiiiiiiiiffffffffuuuuuuuuulllllllll.

Honestly, that's prety dowrn nyce.

I just thought of a new feature, this is going to be the first mod ever to use 3D models! I'm going to provide 2 seprate versions: one normal version, and one with md2 models!(Information and files needed to use md2 models in Srb2 will be included with the mod.)

Dash, first of all, it's a lot more difficult to create MD2s than you think. Second of all, TML is one of them (I'm not even sure if it's the first, althought it might be), and yours can't be the first.

Also, it might be troublesome to convert everything into a 3D model. Emphasize EVERYTHING.

Segmint said:
Dash, first of all, it's a lot more difficult to create MD2s than you think. Second of all, TML is one of them (I'm not even sure if it's the first, althought it might be), and yours can't be the first.

Also, it might be troublesome to convert everything into a 3D model. Emphasize EVERYTHING.

I wan't going to convert EVERYTHING to 3D models, just really small stuff like rings and scenery, I never knew that there was already a mod that had 3D models in it, and I'm not an expert, but I do understand the basics of 3D model creation.

EDIT: Oh, I see, it's that legend of zelda mod that uses md2 models.

I know how to create 3D models as well, but to make them into animated MD2s is different than just creating the model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back