Change Resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Cheater

The Ultimate Cheater
Hey, it’s Master C.
How do you change your resolution without having to go to video mode?
I mean how can you change the resolution in the console by typing in your own numbers (ex. 1280x800).
Thanks.

I think it was first type in VID_MODELIST
and then it will tell you the video modes availible
then type VID_MODE [number] of the one you wanted

I don't remember if this is right or not, but i think so.

If you can put something in the console, you can play SRB2. If you can play SRB2, and you can go in the options. You just do it "blindly" and it works!
Write on a sheet, or retain if you can, what I write below.

Do this ONLY when you hear the music of the title screen !
- Button entry (to access the menu)
- 2 down arrow
- 1 button entry
- 1 up arrow
- 3 button entry
- 1 down arrow
- 1 button entry
- 1 down arrow
- 1 button entry
- 1 down arrow
- 1 button entry
- 1 down arrow
- 1 button entry
... until you find the right resolution.
I hope it will work.

You could try making a script and typing "vid_mode" and the number the resolution is labeled as. (When you change the resolution with the menu, it shows in the console "VID_SETMODE" and whatever number next to it.)

For me, typing in the script "vid_mode 9" will get 1280x800, which is aspect correct on my PC. Now when you open SRB2, it will set that resolution automatically!

While you are in the the video mode setup menu, you can press the D key to set that video mode as your default, or is it too hard to do?

SRB2 only list video modes the system supports, up to a point (I think it's 1920x1200 is max before dropping video modes in the video startup process)

There is no layway in the video subsystem to setup custom video mode, only the ones the system gives us.

So if the video mode you are looking for is not listed in the video menu/VID_MODELIST command, then your video driver/video card/Monitor(s) does not support it (with normal API at least)

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ah, excuse my bad reply.
I saw discussions between Windows 7 and SRB2, there are apparently some things do not work, or something like that.
So .. do you play to SRB2 with Windows 7 ?

EDIT : Perhaps you can work around the problem by playing in windowed mode, right ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back