BZ4's first virus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried Microsoft Security Essentials, but I'm unreasonably prejudiced against Microsoft for being arrogant. I'm sticking with an AVG Free/MAM combo. MAM impressed me so much that I actually think paying for the full MAM would mean I wouldn't need AVG Free any more. But I'm not willing to spend cash on antivirus yet, so whatev.

MAM isn't very useful for real time, I just use it for on demand scanning, I use Security Essentials for my real time.

Along with MAM, I also use Spybot Search and Destroy:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/

Using Spybot and MAM, I haven't had any problems that weren't fixed. Spybot SD often catches things that MAM doesn't, since spybot is more focused on spyware and adware. Also, I suggest not installing teatimer (a realtime spam filter) if you get Spybot, I find it unnecessary.

Last edited:
Another way is to go one someone's account. Then press Start, find the program run. Then type in run windows defender, and then do a custom scan, then look inside Local Disk C, then look in users then press the account that has a virus and tick it. Then do a scan. After that remove any viruses that it finds. That’s what I did when I had a virus and it worked.

Another way is to go one someone's account. Then press Start, find the program run. Then type in run windows defender, and then do a custom scan, then look inside Local Disk C, then look in users then press the account that has a virus and tick it. Then do a scan. After that remove any viruses that it finds. That’s what I did when I had a virus and it worked.

You do realize that he's already gotten rid of the virus and is now talking about realtime protection, don't you?

Whatever you pick just don't pick Comodo.

It's awesome until you realized it just put around 50 fucking pop ups on your screen for trying to open Firefox.

(Over-exaggerated but still, it'll annoy you)

Along with MAM, I also use Spybot Search and Destroy:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/

Using Spybot and MAM, I haven't had any problems that weren't fixed. Spybot SD often catches things that MAM doesn't, since spybot is more focused on spyware and adware. Also, I suggest not installing teatimer (a realtime spam filter) if you get Spybot, I find it unnecessary.

This. All of it. And for the record, TeaTimer doesn't filter spam. It's just realtime process blocking and Registry protection.

Huh. I wonder why my computer doesn't have any viruses. It's been running for 10+ years, about 5 of which without any antivirus. It's so damn old though; do viruses affect old computers less?

No you just don't notice some. Or you don't browse sites that would give them to you/open dodgy attachments/etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back