• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Dash's World: Moving to releases/massive update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Topic moving to releases, waiting for approval by admins.

Now I can finally have a fresh new topic to start off on. :D

The newest version has a lot of new things like sideways springs and fading to black in OpenGL, a finished level 1 and other stuff like that.

Some levels have been pulled in the release, because I decided to only release finished content in releases.

I still don't see why anybody should be bothered having to copy over SRB2's data files to a new folder, it's a complete waste of time...

If you ask me, as an EXE this thing is pointless as a whole, PrettySRB2 had OGL fixes but it actually worked in 1.09.4 netgames. If I had to make one suggestion it would be to consider whether it's actually worth spending so much time on this, since EXEs like ShufflaRB2 never get a look in these days, let alone an EXE that breaks netplay for 2 maps and a few OpenGL fixes.

Learn to appeal to the audience, like I have in my SRB2Live plans, taking something they love and putting it in SRB2. ;)

Chisuun said:
No mention of Radiant Way?
I figured that you might want to announce it first after I get this into releases.

Cue said:
I still don't see why anybody should be bothered having to copy over SRB2's data files to a new folder, it's a complete waste of time...
You don't at all actually, that's why I renamed the files I modified(except for the exe itself), so the user can put everything in one folder with their normal srb2 stuff if he or she wants to.

If you ask me, as an EXE this thing is pointless as a whole, PrettySRB2 had OGL fixes but it actually worked in 1.09.4 netgames. If I had to make one suggestion it would be to consider whether it's actually worth spending so much time on this, since EXEs like ShufflaRB2 never get a look in these days, let alone an EXE that breaks netplay for 2 maps and a few OpenGL fixes.
Well broken netplay is certainly something that needs fixing if I want this to go in the releases, especially if I wanted this to last longer, though I really don't see this as pointless, if I did, I wouldn't have put so much time into this.

Coming from you though - someone that said he doesn't care about srb2 getting finished with all the new fixes and features, I really wouldn't expect this project to intrest you.

Learn to appeal to the audience, like I have in my SRB2Live plans, taking something they love and putting it in SRB2. ;)

Well, honestly, I can't make something that appeals to everyone, but for everyone else that doesn't think this project is a waste of time, I'll be listening to their advice in order to make this thing better.

DashFox2007 said:
Coming from you though - someone that said he doesn't care about srb2 getting finished with all the new fixes and features, I really wouldn't expect this project to intrest you.

*interest

I'm not a single player person, I'm a multiplayer, and since 1.1 will be heavily loaded with single player additions since the #srb2fun beta, I really have no need for it to be honest, I haven't even played Mystic Realm all the way through.

On the other hand, I am still very much interested in the modding side of it, after all, I wouldn't be making my own if I cared not for it, would I? I didn't say the mod as a whole was pointless, I said that the EXE was pointless, I can't see anyone wanting to change their version, losing their compatibility with 99% of the servers available to them, just so they can play a few levels and get a few fancy graphical additions that nobody really cares for, as well as the addition of pointless alternate commands nobody will ever use.

Cue said:
I'm not a single player person, I'm a multiplayer.

That's your idea, not everyone else's. IMO, I'd care for single-player itself even if Netplay was not available. Plus, he said he was gonna fix it. And just a few levels? You're joking right? This thing isn't even at 1.0 yet. He's just giving us SOMEthing so we can get a taste of what's currently under development instead of building "megatension" on the fans of this project.

Well, to be honest I don't really care too much about this thing, but Cue, at least this EXE is making progress (hint hint).

Callum said:
Well, to be honest I don't really care too much about this thing, but Cue, at least this EXE is making progress (hint hint).

k, I'll just drop my part time freelance development business for a community of ungrateful little kiddies and a few intelligent users here and there.

Cue said:
Callum said:

k, I'll just drop my part time freelance development business for a community of ungrateful little kiddies and a few intelligent users here and there.

Sorry about that post, it was meant to be a joke, but what happened to the stuff you were making anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back