A Trio of 2.2 Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, we're actually doing our best in making this version far inferior to anything that we've released so far, so much that it'll feature Ugly Knuckles again.

I hope everyone is looking forward to try our worst of this game!

No, we're actually doing our best in making this version far inferior to anything that we've released so far, so much that it'll feature Ugly Knuckles again.

There's worse than 1.09 Knuckles. Does anyone remember that Red Tails turning into a Sonic from Sonic X-Treme and a Sonic 3 Knuckles?
I'm looking forward seeing that back for 2.2!

...Well of course 2.2 will be better than 2.1, especially because slopes are gonna be added in, unless I'm wrong~

...Well of course 2.2 will be better than 2.1, especially because slopes are gonna be added in, unless I'm wrong~

Yes! We've added the slopes from SRB2 Xmas back in, complete with invisible springs at the end to simulate ramp physics! Previously these were reserved for one or two places in GFZ2, but we felt the need to sprinkle them all over the rest of the zones as well, especially with more springs at the end, everyone likes springs! We've even redone the entire ERZ3 map to consist solely of staircase slopes, including all of the moving platforms which are actually moving slopes now. We love slopes!

All enemies in the game now have been replaced by an SRB1 Blue Crawla (With full 8 directional sprites now, mind you!) which, when it sees you, turns Red and invincible and rushes at you with incredible speed. The only way to destroy them is to sneak up on them from behind, and the check points and exit sector won't function unless you destroy every one in the level along the way! We feel this adds a necessary level of challenge to the game, and adds more of a goal than to simply complete the level as fast as possible. You can still type "ULTIMATE" at the title screen to keep the checkpoints permanently disabled, remove all monitor boxes and rings, and require ALL enemies in the entire stage to be destroyed in order to continue, if you want the additional challenge.

This carries over into multiplayer, which resets to GFZ1 if you ever die, and all thrown rings game modes have been replaced by throwing the invincible Red Crawlas at your foes, as you may have heard rumors about during 2.1's development when we were first testing them. Also if anyone on your team drops the CTF flag, the entire team dies and has to wait 10 seconds to respawn before they can pick it up again. That's actually not a feature, but the bug was so hilarious we're just gonna keep it, hope you don't mind. :3

You're welcome.

srb20022.gif

ok

Dear god Nev3r...
That Skybox underwater... it's magnifiscent!

Deep Sea is finally an actual sea.

i was told there would be invisible sprin-
OH FUCK IS THIS STILL SRB2?

Deep Sea Zone confirmed better than the rest of the game now, good job Nev3r! This is such a massive jump in level quality that I can't even compare it to any other stage in SRB2 except possibly Egg Rock. I literally have no words to describe how totally tubular this is.

Holy CRAP those slopes are beautiful. I can't wait... Will all the stages eventually get some slope treatment then?

First off, you would need some WAD editor, I might suggest SLADE, it's probably the best you can find around the internet.

Then, you can create a MAINCFG lump in the WAD and write the necessary things in it.

http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/MainCfg#Data_handling
This will surely help you~

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm supposed to add a line
GameData = whatever.dat
in the maincfg lump, which I've done

But when I load up the wad I get
Warning: Line whatever: Thing whatever: Unknown word 'GAMEDATA'

This doesn't seem to work unless I'm doing something wrong here.

tn44: You should do it like this:

Code:
MainCfg
GameData = whatever.dat
[other settings etc...]

The important thing is that GameData is visibly part of the "MainCfg" block without any gaps in the middle, with "MainCfg" being the header for the block. Doesn't matter where in the block it's placed otherwise.

Ah ok, that works, as expected though adding saves to a character wad makes an entirely new set of saves. If I make a wad with just that line and activate it, will it have the same effect but allow for multiple character wads to save at once?

Edit: Dumb question, yes it does, got it working. Thanks everyone. ^^

Last edited:
I can wait for 2.2.

Maybe someone should keep a tally of how many people can and can't wait for 2.2 because this is extremely relevant information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back