Sym-bionic Titan

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrCIkDQ6qHQ

A new show on Cartoon Network made by the creator of Samurai Jack and heavily influenced by giant mecha anime?

AWESUM!

I've seen the frist two episodes and the third is comming out this Friday.
In short, there's finally something decent on Cartoon Network again, IMO.

Last edited:
Fantastic! Gendy Tartakovsky doing a new show, great! Now is it Flash animation or traditional drawn frame for frame?

What? It means a whole lot to a cartoon's quality, does it not?

Just do what I do and do frame-by-frame animation in Flash :P

Speaking of which, I'm seeing that blend of traditional/computer animation in there. Understandable, seeing as traditionally animating a robot would probably take a toll on the budget. It looks...awkward, as usual, especially when that guy gets picked up.

It's too bad that not everyone can do a traditional/computer animation mixup like the folks working on the Rebuild of Evangelion films.

....Of course, that has a giant budget.

well its not the first thing on cartoon network decent in a while, regular show is hilarious and adventure time is pretty good. MAD is not really that great but I laughed a little. But cartoon network still shows live action which is really stupid in my opinion. And Sym Bionic Titan looks great and its got some good humor in it as well. So yeah, awesome.

In general, this show's existence is a step in the right direction regarding actual originality, unlike Adventure time and Regular show, which anyone bored out of their minds could think of in a few seconds with no amount of effort.

Don't get me wrong, both of those shows are enjoyable at points, but it's more like the content you would prefer to see on the internet than on television. Mind you randomness can only get you so far -shrug-

Cartoon Network + Live actions shows = FAIL.
I mean, seriously?
I'm really only interested in the anime during their Adult Swim block.

Cartoon Network + Live actions shows = FAIL.
I mean, seriously?
I'm really only interested in the anime during their Adult Swim block.

Other than the fact that this pertains little to nothing to the topic at hand, I must ask why. Tower Prep and Unnatural History were some of the best live action shows I've seen (Compared to Nickelodeon/Disney Channel).

When you say live action shows, do you mean ones such as Hole In The Wall or Destroy, Build, Destroy? Those are the only ones I'd consider rather tedious.

And back to the subject on hand...

Watching quite a few episodes of Sym-Bionic Titan, I'd say it's rather good, but the mixing of 3D and 2D could seem a bit ackward at times, especially in scenes that become a bit choppy with the 3D models. Otherwise, it's a pretty cool show.

...the creators of Samurai Jack put this in their cartoon? On the station that is mostly for children? That is one of the single most vulgar moves anyone could do. Period.

Not saying that other cartoons do not try to refer to stuff like this or any other subliminal messages, but this was downright blatant.

Other than that one scene, I am starting to watch the episodes and the dialogue and animations seems to be rushed in the sense that everything felt like it was twice the speed it should be in some parts, but it is okay so far.

Well, it is supposed to be based on Japanese super-robot anime...

Yeah, but most modern super-robot anime just has your typical *COUGH*SEXSYMBOLSASWELLASAWKWARDBREASTPHYSICS*COUGH* and thats it. This however was just, and I quote Daywalker: " downright blatant"

:|

Remember what happens AFTER that clip that TTM posted. Octus sez "no." Making it a message that states: "Girls, acting like a slut will NOT make men do anything you want."

Even if it was or was not a message, the way they did it was too far for a children's cartoon. I do not think children will get the message, it is very unlikely to get messages like these at a young age.

There are ways that cartoons can get the message acting inappropriately will not get you anywhere without crossing the line like in that part of this cartoon.

Saw some more of the cartoon to the latest episode, it feels pretty mediocre. The progression of the feels rushed even in the later parts. It really has a problem with how the its plot progress, everything feels too rushed at parts still.

Well if they're planing on having as many episodes as Samurai Jack or something then they'll need to NOT rush out a toon every couple of weeks or so. At least with more time they could probably come out with a better plot device if not a better episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back