Forcing Skins in Single Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I was trying to make a Single Player level that changed the Skin (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles) depending on what path you took, but I can't figure it out. Is it a special FOF or something? I know you can set a line so that a certan charecter can't go through, but it dosen't seem to work. Help please?

No, setting NO SONIC or NO TAILS or whatever doesn't mean the character can't go through the line, it means that any linedef action attached to that line won't work if you're playing as that character. For instance, If you've got Linedef type 25 attached to a line with the NO SONIC flag, there'll be a basic FOF platform when you're Tails or Knux, but if you play as Sonic, the platform won't be there.

Also, there is no way whatsoever to make the the level automatically switch your skin. No way at all.

But I can change the level so to make it impossible to enter an area with certain charecters? Okay, that works too. Thankiez.

fawfulfan said:
Also, there is no way whatsoever to make the the level automatically switch your skin. No way at all.

I'm not so sure about this, I remember seeing and playing a cancled Sonic Heroes mod, it was only one level, but passing certain linedefs (or, those team switch things), changed you to a certain character, and it worked just fine.

I'll try to dig up the topic, but I'm sure the link won't work.

fawfulfan said:
No, setting NO SONIC or NO TAILS or whatever doesn't mean the character can't go through the line, it means that any linedef action attached to that line won't work if you're playing as that character.

WRONG AGAIN!
You can do Linedef Type 57: Solid, Invisible is an FOF that is invisible. Use the oposite linedef action. For example, if you don't want Sonic going through the line only, put NO TAILS and NO SONIC.

Looks like your in luck, the link does work, and its skin change works fine, except you have to stop to change skins.

If you would like me to give you the link, just let me know.

There is also a way to make a level playable only as a certain character, you can pick it in SOCedit.

FSX said:
There is also a way to make a level playable only as a certain character, you can pick it in SOCedit.

Easier way to do that. In the Level Header, make a line that says ForceSkin = (0 for Sonic, 1 for Tails, 2 for Knuckles).

Um, he wants to change the skins while in the level. To do that you need to have a script which enables devmode (which modifies the game) and then changes the skin.
Code:
DEVMODE
SKIN SONIC
COLOR BLUE
DEVMODE
or something similar. And the character needs to not be moving while the skin and color change is being done, so good luck with what you're trying to do in 1.09.4.

Donovan the hedgehog said:
fawfulfan said:
No, setting NO SONIC or NO TAILS or whatever doesn't mean the character can't go through the line, it means that any linedef action attached to that line won't work if you're playing as that character.

WRONG AGAIN!
You can do Linedef Type 57: Solid, Invisible is an FOF that is invisible. Use the oposite linedef action. For example, if you don't want Sonic going through the line only, put NO TAILS and NO SONIC.

Why the heck would you put NO TAILS If you don't want Sonic going through that?

astar said:
Donovan the hedgehog said:
fawfulfan said:

WRONG AGAIN!

Why the heck would you put NO TAILS If you don't want Sonic going through that?

Because he wants Knuckles to go through. You can set it to NO TAILS and NO SONIC so that KNUCKLES can use it but not Sonic and Tails.

Please don't be so literal about my comments. When I said "NO SONIC or NO TAILS or whatever..." I wasn't specifically referring to what to do with sonic or tails or knuckles or anything like that. I was just trying to refer to the no character flags in a uniform sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back