Super Smash Bros. Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Website?

The official web has it for free
What website? Can you tell us the url? EDIT: Akuma TH, can you please tell us the name of the website? it would be appreciated. Kthxbye

Ashura

Man, Ashura, thanks for the link! I just about gave up trying to look for it.
* Yugi does a little dance

Hey ashura what do you do when after you dowload it I putted it in a new folder but still cant play it. :(

yea but when i open it the file wont extract it looks like those paper files with the window on a paper with it.do you open it or save it?

Terms of Service Violation

Downloading SSBS off of this forum, or without registering an account and making a legitimate 10 posts (or the current way at the time to obtain the download) on VGAForums.com is illegal and against our terms of service. Users are also violating the rights of every creator for this project, for VGAforums has the consent of all authors involved in this project.

All users involved with this illegal distribution of SSBS have been permenantly banned from VGAForums.com.

Administrators of this forum should also take action upon the members involved with the illegal distribution of SSBS. If no action is taken by the administrators of this forum, SSBS will contact your host provider to have your web account frozen for copyright infringement.

Well I better lock this topic before anyone else say anything. Don't worry, our top Administrator is in fact dealing with this situation now.

Wow, what a way to discover a horrible forum.

First and foremost, the link on this topic doesn't even work anymore. I don't see how you could possibly consider us aiding in distribution of a copyrighted work when you can't get the file from here. Try finding a site that actually has your game up. Clearly it's not very good if our users haven't even posted in this topic for over 4 months.

Second, sue us for copyright infringement? I don't know how you could even remotely TRY to pull that off. You don't even fully own the copyright for whatever this game is. I mean, clearly you don't own the copyright for Nintendo's properties, and trying to litigate over "copyright infringement"? That's like us attempting to sue somebody for posting a Sonic fangame. Clearly we don't own the rights to Sonic. Clearly you don't own the rights to Mario. Don't act like you do.

Third, the broken link to the original file leads directly back to your webspace. How in HELL do you plan on protecting a file hidden in plain sight. I mean, is it even password protected? If you're going to be an idiot and make users jump through a bunch of hoops to get the file, maybe you should actually put the file someplace a user can't just link to?

Finally, even assuming I WAS hosting your crappy game and you really did have the rights, do you honestly think that making your potential users post 10 times to get a game will give you positive feedback? The forum you clearly didn't check on here is a forum for a free fangame, Sonic Robo Blast 2, which is very similar in legal status to your own game. Unlike you, who apparently think that making it as hard as possible to obtain your game is a good thing, we have embraced the concept that people can post and repost our content wherever they want.

The result, unlike what you seem to think, is that our community grows exponentially. Word of mouth has generated such a large amount of traffic that our community is growing faster than we can handle. Don't believe me? Try looking "Sonic Robo Blast 2" up on Google. A significant portion of our user base finds the game from another site and is directed back to us by the simple link to our website within the game. Why would we need to advertise or force those people to post a bunch of spam on our forums? That generates a negative opinion of us and our game.

So, instead of using Google to attempt to find your game hosted on more popular sites, might I make a suggestion: Stop wasting your time and actually make your game good. When you do so, you won't need to act like a jackass online, threatening other websites with empty legal threats, and instead, the users will come to you through word of mouth. It's really that easy.

Mystic said:
First and foremost, the link on this topic doesn't even work anymore.
Mystic, I'd just like to throw this out there that Xihark (I think) might've broken the link as soon as he saw it on up on the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back