4-Kids is subbing Sonic X!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another example of a decently dubed anime would be Kanon 06.
And I have no idea why 4Kids are doing this, it seems so random for them.

I'd actually prefer to watch these in English, to be honest. Even if it fails. I don't like watching things which i can't understand with words on the bottom. It's plain annoying.

Another good dub would be Gundam SEED, considering that it was already sub-par in the first place.

Looking forward to this. Well, not really, I stopped watching anything on 4Kids (and most cartoons and anime in general) awhile ago. Still, like with Project: Needlemouse, this is a step in the right direction.

¨This video is not avaliable in your country due to copyright restrictions¨ that´s all it says D:

Well, since 4kidsTV is no longer on Fox, I am so happy that 4kids finally listened to us, and started subbing Sonic X, so we can no longer complain about the English 4kids dub of the Anime (I prefer watching the anime in Japanese more than English, since I am more fond of the Japanese version.

I do not understand why people prefer the japanese words, voice, etc. I feel that the english voices for sonic, shadow, knuckles, amy, tails, and cream are perfect for who they are. One huge example for me is that Shadow sounds like he is 50 in japan and Tails sounds like a little girl. As for the sub/dub deal I think 4kids or someone else should take the time to make the english sonic x say the same things as the japan one. This meaning that the mouths would have to be changed for syllables, but they keep the english voice acters. Like they do in the games.

My take on this is, like has been said, good dub > good sub. The problem is, good dub = nonexistant. Really, 1% of shows have good dubs, the rest just fail to capture the original's message/spirit/feeling.

BTW, you(not anybody in particular) who thought Sonic X dubs were bad, you've obviously never heard a BAD dub. Behold the horrors I had to go through while watching digimon(in Finland):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYFLL2WY9O0
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex4KMgrt9wY&feature=related
The second one is translated via annotations, in the first one Takeru just says "Let's go!" and in the end "This is like some sponge!"(Although it can also be interpreted as "This is like mushrooms")
Now that... is a bad dub.

Sonic X whiners never heard Spider Riders.

Now if you've heard an professional dub worse than that, let me know.

I'd enjoy this...
If it wasn't for the fact that his Japanese voice fills me with a terrible rage.

IMHO the voice acting for the OVA (both English and Japanese) was the best I've ever heard.

The best American dub 'n sub company out there has to be FUNimation, a little company up in Fort Worth, who I'm also hoping to apply for since it's only a few hours north of here. They not only do fantastic, truthful dubs/subs, but they also fix some older ones that were handled badly, to say the least. They handled the English dub of Fullmetal Alchemist, which I consider to be quite good. And they also bought One Piece from 4Kids (I'm not a One Piece fan, hell, I don't even like the series, but just to see somebody save an anime from localized abuse is a nice feeling) and "fixed" DBZ.

I've seen spider riders, the dub is HORRIBLE. They space out every word to fit the mouth movement.

As for this, this is good step for them, but not great.

I do not understand why people prefer the japanese words, voice, etc. I feel that the english voices for sonic, shadow, knuckles, amy, tails, and cream are perfect for who they are. One huge example for me is that Shadow sounds like he is 50 in japan and Tails sounds like a little girl.

As someone who can tell you from experience, that is not the situation in Japan. You are not from Japan. Of course it will sound weird to you. But to Japanese people, its perfectly normal. The English voice actors (whom, in Sonic X, suck ass so this is a pretty bad example) would sound weird to Japanese people but not to us.

As for the sub/dub deal I think 4kids or someone else should take the time to make the english sonic x say the same things as the japan one. This meaning that the mouths would have to be changed for syllables, but they keep the english voice acters. Like they do in the games.

That's MUCH easier for games because its not all pre-rendered or pre-drawn like anime and TV shows are. Re-editing TONS of frames JUST to make mouths fit with voices is an absolute chore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back