Avatar Restructuring and Signature Query

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether you're for image signatures or not, you aren't getting them. That was resolved ages ago, as was this topic.

You said that, given time, this whole fiasco would die down and we wouldn't even miss sig images at all, right?

Ironically, I still do.

On a similar but yet completely unrelated note, I also miss AccessIRC. Why did we move, again?

However, after the whole fiasco died down, I promptly forgot all about it, and proceeded to be very happy about the fact that I didn't have to deal with all of that anymore. I'll note that this accomplished every single one of my goals in saving time as effectively as I'd hoped, and with that, you're pretty much doomed never to get them back. It just made my job that much easier.

Like it or not, signature images are gone, and that's permanent.

Omega the Hedgehog said:
First of all, why can't 144x144 avatars stay? It's not like they're too big or anything (I'm surfing on 800x600 dialup), and, uh... yeah... It loads quick and looks fine >_>

Sigs should stay, IMO. They allow somebody to promote projects without getting their asses rammed by the mods, they allow links to their sites which would probably get virtually no hits otherwise, and well, some of those sigs out there are just damned hillarious (Specifically some of the IRC quotes). Essentially every other major forum on the internet has sigs enabled, and the SRB2 forum shouldn't be any different.
What about the 20KB? I have aan avatar that fits my user name but it's 23.3KB.

...You obviously missed the whole point. His post wasn't about setting it any higher than the previous rules. It was saying that the images in avatars should be allowed the original 20KB max, and 144 x 144 pixels large, providing that Mystic decides not to act on his request to bring images back to signatures.
Besides that, no, no one cares that the avatar you want is 23.3 KB.. You want to use it, make the filesize stronger.

Ugh...you just brought it back from the grave...

Seriously, nothing is going to change whether you like it or not. So just leave this topic alone. Jeez :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back