• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

talk about, Death Egg's™ works™ in this thread,™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death Egg

Figured since I've finally actually begun working with SRB2 stuff.

Oci3pXk.png

This is my current project. I'm trying to port all of Emerald Hill Zone Act 1 to SRB2 to test out the physics for a mod I plan on doing. I want to eventually change how Sonic's physics work so they function much more closely to the Genesis games, as now they don't really feel anything like how the classic games played in 2D mode. There's no detail yet, I'm just working on recreating the level geometry and object layout first. The whole bottom level of the map is already finished.

Sonic Retro has some useful guides on how to recreate Sonic physics in custom engines.

http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_Physics_Guide

I previously attempted to replicate this with SRB2's measurements in Fracunits and 35FPS, but to no avail. I'd be astonished if you accomplished it! Good luck.

I have seen that and it's extremely helpful. I actually was in the process of making an engine using GZDoom's ZScript that was really getting somewhere, but the collision system doesn't work in favor of platformers so that's why I'm trying out SRB2. (I had been under the impression SRB2 was not as modifiable as it actually is, but a peak at the Lua Releases subforum changed that)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back