• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Shade the Echidna WAD in work

Status
Not open for further replies.
i like the boots and the the colours of your sprite. but i think i said i'll first make the sprites without shadow etc and then i'll work with the details...

heres another sprite:

SHADa3a7.png

Dr.Pepper said:
I think something is wrong with it though, maybe the eyes are too far apart?
SHDEA1.png

Tell me one time Shade smiled in Chronicles. One time. Can't find one?

Exactly. That, and the fact the quills stick up more (except on the cruddy hyper-low poly model), is the only reason this sprite isn't awesome.

Jewel's sprites seem more SRB2 styled, however. That's just my opinion, though. :/

Senku Niola said:
There is only one set of characters he cannot outdo someone with and that is my characters since I know everything about all details needed for each and every one of them. (If you wanna even try Dr. P then post 1 stand pose of each character you wanna try outdoing me in, this includes human)

lolboasting?

Jewel the Mystery said:
i like the boots and the the colours of your sprite. but i think i said i'll first make the sprites without shadow etc and then i'll work with the details...
Actually, details should come first, this is a character WAD we're talking about, not a 3D model or level. :P It can be very time consuming updating 130+ sprites with even one simple change, should you want do that later in the WAD's development.
Just imagine you're already done with the sprites, but you want her breasts to be smaller. Now you have to go over all those sprites just so they're the right size, and you have to waste away almost two days to finish. I could think of a better example, but you get the idea, procrastinating on details can throw away valuable time you could be spending actually finishing the WAD. Most importantly though, do whatever works for you. If you don't need my two cents, that's fine. :P
Hyper Shadic X said:

Exactly. That, and the fact the quills stick up more (except on the cruddy hyper-low poly model), is the only reason this sprite isn't awesome.
I got rid of SC not long after Rouge joined my party, (My friend told me about the impossible requirements for the ending, and just when I thought the whole Electoons thing in Rayman was nuts...) so I never even got to see Shade, let alone point out an event where she possibly smiled. :P I also didn't realize her dreadlocks were supposed to higher until you pointed it out, I did the dumb thing and used fan art for a reference. XD

Jewel the Mystery said:
ah...ok =)
i'm really sry for my bad english...
the next sprite:
SHADa2a8.png

and the first sprite in better quality:
SHADa1-1.png

I don't know if anyone said something like this, but she looks fat.

Dr.Pepper said:
I got rid of SC not long after Rouge joined my party, (My friend told me about the impossible requirements for the ending, and just when I thought the whole Electoons thing in Rayman was nuts...) so I never even got to see Shade, let alone point out an event where she possibly smiled. :P I also didn't realize her dreadlocks were supposed to higher until you pointed it out, I did the dumb thing and used fan art for a reference. XD

You sick man. The ending is not impossible. I beat the game and it wasn't much hard (the problem was I didn't get enough Pyraz Chao eggs and it took me three days to realize I just needed to use Echidna Rush three or four times). It's a pretty cool game in any case. The ending pert with Super Sonic could be frustrating because you have to PERFECTLY hit every key in order to beat Ix (lol crud name).

...I'm going way too off topic now, huh? XD

Jewel: the new sprite is good, but the quills should be up more. Also, it would be smart to make her look more serious than just big-eyes-no-mouth. The area where her rear is makes her look fat (that or it's her hand I'm looking at XD).

Otherwise, nice job. :)

One more thing: The front sprite should have the quills show that they're higher up instead of flat behind her head.

Angelus_the_echidna said:
Second'd. Keep in mind half the girls in this series are rail-thin.
[offtopic]Not just the girls, look at Sonic.[/offtopic]

Anyway, I'm glad to see someone working on a shad wad. She's one of the few new characters that I actually liked.

Keep up the good work.

Bah, I beat the Super Sonic battle with Ix on the first try.

The Spine Jump between the angles is a little... drastic....

Hyper Shadic X said:
The ending pert with Super Sonic could be frustrating because you have to PERFECTLY hit every key in order to beat Ix (lol crud name).

I haven't even got to the base, but PC's are easy if you know the rhythm of the button set. I have problems with one of Ix's Anomaly moves in Angel Island though. There's too many buttons and I get confused, allowing him to hit my characters at pretty much full power X_X

Shoop said:
Hyper Shadic X said:
The ending pert with Super Sonic could be frustrating because you have to PERFECTLY hit every key in order to beat Ix (lol crud name).

I haven't even got to the base, but PC's are easy if you know the rhythm of the button set. I have problems with one of Ix's Anomaly moves in Angel Island though. There's too many buttons and I get confused, allowing him to hit my characters at pretty much full power X_X

Oh man, I remember that. I just started my third playthough, (LV 18 Sonic at GHZ. XD) and that move is hard to do. Get about half of it right though, and it'll have a high chance of missing or only doing half damage.

Also, make sure you have Shadow on your team, Atomic Spin or whatever its called does alot of damage.

Also, Fastball and Blue Bomber are your friends.

BACK ON TOPIC HERE:
This looks... Okay at best. The frames don't match up well, and the quills are off in all of the frames. But it's nicely made and I can see that your at least putting time into it.

Hyper Shadic X said:
Dr.Pepper said:
I think something is wrong with it though, maybe the eyes are too far apart?
SHDEA1.png

I finished the game, and I found JUST one, at the end of the game, but in my opinion, it would better she don't smile :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back