• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Prisima's Pixeled Productions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prisima

Here's where I'll put some of my projects, mostly sprites.
This is an unfinished unnamed space vehicle for my Doomsday Zone-esque zone I'm working on (original concept art by InstantSonic), some sprites from an Angry Birds wad of mine, a Sonic Boom styled SonicRE, and a sprites from a very old wad:
eggmobile1.png
redrotationofficial.gif
ash.gif

Last edited:
The little bird looks quite good, actually. In fact, mixing Angry Birds with the concept of Sonic 3D Blast could make for an interesting mod.

Might want to re look at the hair/fur thing in the tip of the angry bird's head's rotational direction in the sprites.

That Sonic Boom is lookin' good. But I can't see the first image. Can you fix it?

That is a nice Motobug. I am just a little bothered that he seems far too small compared to Sonic.

That is a nice Motobug. I am just a little bothered that he seems far too small compared to Sonic.
It seems I miscalculated his height a bit. A replay of Sonic 1 told me that he's just about the same height as Sonic. Gotta fix that.

srb20007.gif

Red the Angry Bird - Coming to a releases near you. Soon...

TO DO:
- Fix his back running sprites so it doesn't look so plain
- Give him a rocket jump and flight power
- Remove his spin for a speed burst
- Fix his life icon
- Give him a dust trail when he runs

...That looks a bit odd, But pretty cool concept. and by "That looks a bit odd". I think it's weird to see him "slide" across the ground.

Rather than sliding along the ground, have him bounce? That's how they seem to traverse an area in their own game, at least.

I'd also say include a slingshot when they're charging a spindash but I don't know if it would be feasible or worth it.

Seconded on the bouncing animation for walk frames. Instead of a slingshot lua, it might be worth having a lua script that forces the bird into a controllable spin when it's going fast enough (replacing running, etc) which would be the only time it can damage things.

The reason I didn't make Red bounce is because when you skid, the skidding animation is the most recent running/walking frame you are in. If someone skids mid-bounce, it would look like Red's floating midair.

The reason I didn't make Red bounce is because when you skid, the skidding animation is the most recent running/walking frame you are in. If someone skids mid-bounce, it would look like Red's floating midair.

I once did a 'bounce'-like animation with the Wheatley and Space Core character wads, and though that what you had mentioned does occur, it doesn't bother me one bit. In fact it adds to the personality of the wad, given it's silly nature.

Just add PF_NOSKID to the player flags in the S_SKIN.

srb20009.gif

Now (almost) fully compatible with 2.1 colors, and an added bounce! Note that the bounce shown in this GIF is not final, and will be higher in final versions, because it's barely noticeable when you're running. The eyebrows/tail feathers are kinda light in Peach and White, don't you think?

*snip*
Now (almost) fully compatible with 2.1 colors, and an added bounce! Note that the bounce shown in this GIF is not final, and will be higher in final versions, because it's barely noticeable when you're running. The eyebrows/tail feathers are kinda light in Peach and White, don't you think?
May I ask what bounce in the GIF? The GIF you posted only shows you changing the character color.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back