• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Kart Krew™'s exe mods

Yeah, there's this one that puts fire on the ground, and this other that gives you a neat double jump. Like Mario they also let you take an extra hit which is helpful :P

Unless that's not what you meant of course

I'm more concerned about kart this time around, will there be a single player mode in the final version of the game? (Not to say an eventual demo will be released at some point) And if so, would it have a grand prix feature?

ibeFXB2Qx8lzGy.png

Today I got it so that splitscreen in TD mode is actually just regular 2 player. Obviously this is needed because the camera is shared in Top Down and having it be split would be pointless. The HUD was also altered to accommodate of course with score and emblems being shared.

(Note: Checker Mountain is still being cleaned up from porting, any issues you see in this image will not be in the demo when it's released).

Last edited:
Man, that HUD is looking really nice. This looks like it'll be a blast to play when you guys get a demo released.

Let's hope it's like that Puppyfaic.

Man it has been so much since you guys started this! And it keeps becoming more awesome everytime! And even if what we get is a demo, IT'S STILL FREAKING AMAZING.
(Kinda like P.T. from Hideo FREAKING Kojima.)

Quick question. Will any of the Riders tracks or imported Mario Kart courses be returning in the next version of SRB2 Kart?

A bit undecided about possibly having them sectioned off in a separate wad with the release in the future or not.

I guess it should be a seperate WAD. Like a free downloadable DLC.

Also, that way you can add more creative Kart levels!

Or steal Mario Kart maps.
rainbow road is my jam

Any word on Top Down? How is a demo not ready yet? Surely you must have at least 1 level completely finished... that'd be enough for a demo, don't you think?

Any word on Top Down? How is a demo not ready yet? Surely you must have at least 1 level completely finished... that'd be enough for a demo, don't you think?

Well looking at it from a developers prospective, I would want to make sure my demo has 110% quality before shipping it out publicly. Give it some time and I guarantee that the wait will have been worth it.

We want to go much bigger than that, one level would not be enough to introduce something so different from the vanilla formula. We're close, but things need to be properly polished to perfection as much as possible.

In the mean time, take a look at an old bug that was fixed after the port to 2.1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOY6YhBdxZo

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back