• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Virt's Characters (Current Project : Virt the Fox)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virt

Trollerskates
So far I have 3 characters in waiting.

1.) Virt the Fox - You remember him, right?
virta1.png
So far, sixteen sprites. I need to redo all of his ears. :/
2.) Modern Sonic - I decided to restart this guy.
playa1.png
So far, five sprites. http://img823.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=playa2.png
3.) Cody the Cat - He's my friend's fancharacter.

Comments and Critisism, please.

Last edited:
The way you make sprites for the characters is great IMO, and I'm happy to see that you actually made a Modern Sonic without simply editing SSNTails' Sonic like other people would usually do, really love your skills, dude

The way you make sprites for the characters is great IMO, and I'm happy to see that you actually made a Modern Sonic without simply editing SSNTails' Sonic like other people would usually do, really love your skills, dude

I tried that once, and then it ended up looking like complete crap Dx

Anyways, these are amazing.

Virt the Fox looks like he either took drugs or is mentally retarded, because the eyes are too close to the center. Otherwise, these sprites seem rather well-made.

That front standing sprite for Modern Sonic looks great!

...but as for the other rotations, none of them look quite right, IMO. Maybe it's the fact that you made the top spike too low down on all but the back and front rotations, especially when it's almost completely hidden from view in the side sprite. The way the spikes in that back sprite are shaded looks a bit odd as well to me, for some reason.

Other than that, the sprites look well made to me too. =P

Last edited:
I think I might redo most of Virt's sprites. And @Iestyn, look at some pictures of Modern Sonic in 3D. You can really only see about two quills. But if enough people vote to change the quills, I'll change 'em.
Here's a reference picture:
sonicchannel1.png

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post, but I was wondering what colors would change on Charmy. Here are the two things I've thought of.
charmya.png
charmyb.png

Tell me which one you like better, please.

Honestly, I think you should make the "black" parts of those sprites be the colour changing part, as together they make up more than half the sprite. and keep the horns and body yellow.

If the black parts changed color, what color would be the prefcolor? Silver? I mean, seriously. How in the WORLD would that work?

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

Augh, Double post again. Sorry. But I've started making the Super Frames for Modern Sonic.
playu1.png
Yes, I know what youre thinking. "You did the shading wrong! It's supposed to be opposite of what you did!" But if you were glowing from the inside, would the shadows be around you? No. Go look in Brawl or some other screenshots of Super Sonic from 3D games.

It's kinda a hard choice about Charmy, but I guess the first image pleases me the most

Nice Super Sonic btw

Sorry for the double post, but I was wondering what colors would change on Charmy. Here are the two things I've thought of.
charmya.png
charmyb.png

Tell me which one you like better, please.

The one to the left looks more of an original idea, the one to the right looks like the real Charmy.

The one to the left looks more of an original idea, the one to the right looks like the real Charmy.

They're not supposed to be Charmy in his proper colours. They're purposely green in some areas so the character can change colours in-game. Kirt just wants to know which areas everyone thinks should change colours; the green areas in the left sprite, or the green areas in the right sprite.

Understand?

Virt, SSNTails' style of drawing an open hand is NOT a circle with small arrows pointing out of it. Other than that, your drawings are incredible... I hope to see this finished.

As the other guys said, looks good except for the hand. Keep up the good work and fix that glitch plz :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back