Texas changes the school books again, for the worst, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Retro's known about that since March 12. Texas is full of Republicans. And as South Park teaches us, Satan uses the Republicans to further his ambitions.

All I've learned from school is that you don't learn anything in school. I frankly wouldn't be surprised if the teachers knew these were fallacies; the books are just an easy way to give kids a certain mindset.

I've learned an equal amount in school and outside sources.

Anyway, this is complete bullcrap. There's a reason that education and media has a liberal bias in America: because, historically (though with exceptions), hardline liberal agendas tend to demand that the masses make decisions based on observation and data, whereas hardline conservative agendas tend to demand that the masses make decisions based on dogma, faith, and knee-jerk opinion.

This is not to say that liberals are always right and conservatives are always wrong, but it does mean that a liberal bias in education is considerably more informative and open-minded than a conservative bias. Ideally, there should be no bias at all, but rejecting a liberal bias in favor of a conservative one is like cutting out a person's lungs to treat a slight cough.

I might also point out that the liberal bias is quite small compared to the enormous conservative presence in the revised education system. Historically, conservatives have always tended to be more heavy-handed than liberals (which is kind of ironic, if you think about the root ideologies of both philosophies). To illustrate, both John F. Kennedy and Ronald Reagan were extremely overrated presidents, whose legacies contain some pretty dark stuff that everyone likes to gloss over, but you don't see liberals demanding Kennedy's face on our currency that much.

Last edited:
On a somewhat unrelated but still political note, has anyone noticed all the low blows directed at President Obama? Even if you don't like the President's agenda, you must admit many of the things conservatives are saying about him are way more exaggerated and ridiculous than all the hate directed at Bush. Newt Gingrich recently compared the Obama Administration to Nazi Germany...yet more evidence that conservatives like to be more heavy-handed and extreme than liberals.

Ugh things like this really makes me glad I don't live in the deep south. This giant of political bias is why people look down on the USA. I can't really blame them.

But what's really shocking is the fact that this is coming from Newt Gingrich. I've never had much respect for him anyway, but I've always thought of him as someone who chooses his words carefully. Before this, he might have actually had a decent chance at the Republican presidential nomination (more than he did in previous elections, anyway), but comparing any part of the American government to Nazism (even a part that you contest) is an excellent way to throw your political career down the drain. In making these comments, Gingrich has effectively undermined the scale of the atrocities committed by Nazi Germany, and minimized the suffering of the Holocaust victims, as well as making himself look like an idiot.

Fawful Fan said:
Even if you don't like the President's agenda, you must admit many of the things conservatives are saying about him are way more exaggerated and ridiculous than all the hate directed at Bush.

Let's not go too far. On another website I frequent, a user made a passing remark that implied that everything that was wrong with the U.S. government was bush's fault, which later escalated into a full blown flame war, between said user who was blaming the recent oil spill and the not so frequent London bombings on bush, and pretty much the rest of the forum.

Nazi menton, ho!

What? I never disregarded that that was mentioned, all I said was that law is essentially the same as me saying "The longer an online conversation goes, the probability of someone making a reference to grapefruit approaches one". It's logic.

Let's not go too far. On another website I frequent, a user made a passing remark that implied that everything that was wrong with the U.S. government was bush's fault, which later escalated into a full blown flame war, between said user who was blaming the recent oil spill and the not so frequent London bombings on bush, and pretty much the rest of the forum.
There's a big difference. The extremist idiot who made those comments was most likely not a high-ranking U.S. politician. Several high-ranking U.S. Republicans, on the other hand, are saying stuff that vituperative and unfounded in their speeches to the public. I've never seen a high-ranking Democrat comparing the Bush Administration to a genocidal government.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back