Which operating system do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tycoon

For me, it's Windows XP Pro. Just recently my classmate gave me a boot-from-CD version of Sabayon Linux, which I use often.

Windows XP Home Edition, service pack 3.

For a few months I used Vista, though after several "accidents" involving beta video drivers and "power cuts" (Younger siblings), I was forced to reinstall. Being a pirated copy, and with XP SP3 just around the corner, I just installed XP (Legitimate) instead.

And guys, Vista does NOT suck. And the requirements aren't omgsuperhineednewcompy. It ran well on my friends single-core Dell Dimension 3000. Only gripes with it were the slow copy/move/delete operations, which were apparently fixed in SP1.

Fedora 10 on my main computer (and laptop dual-boot XP), CentOS on the server, Windows XP on all others.

Heh, I think that I've used almost a dozen different ones so far... Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, MacOS X, DragonFlyBSD, AmigaOS, BeOS, etc.
I really liked trying every OS I could get my hands on some time ago, but nowadays I prefer to have a stable one on the machine I use primarily and that's why I don't dual boot anymore, but if I have to use another OS, I put it on another computer.
I just don't like virtualized environments or emulators to run an OS, it defeats the purpose.
Currently I run Windows Server 2003 x64 and my brother Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs.
On an almost unused laptop I put SkyOS, just to try it out.

As of right now, I'm using Windows Vista Home Basic, IIRC. The computer I usually use is a Windows XP.

Vista Ultimate with Ubuntu sitting on a 10gb partition.

You could count Smoothwall as an OS, I suppose, it's my router's operating system and damn is it good at what it does... :D

I have a 64 GB partition for Windows XP home edition SP3 and about 10 GB partition for PCLinuxOS 2007.

DashFox2007 said:
[b said:
fedora[/b]geek920]Vista Home Premium, SP1.

Ironic.

Yes, yes I know. Most programs run on Windows, (including SRB2!) And my new computer came with Vista, so... Yeah. Vista's not as bad as everyone thinks it is. I run Linux in Virtual Machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back