Suggestions

Make Continuously Falling Sector setup more intuitive for map makers

Since the relevant topic was locked and I couldn't post any further comment to suggest or question something, I'm going to post my comments here:

Why should a falling FOF use the a floor height for its ceiling's ending point? And why should a rising FOF use the a ceiling height for its floor's ending point? The thing is that it's counterintuitive a ceiling value being used for floor and vice-versa. If I set a FOF to go from 192 & 128 (ceiling & floor values) to 64 & 0, I don't expect it to go to 0 & -64. But it does.

It would be easier for level designers to figure out if ceiling values were used for ceiling heights, and floor values for floor heights, just for consistency (e.g. Linedef Type 60). If the FOF is falling, the ceiling height of the linedef's back sector could stay unused, as is now. If rising, the floor height of the linedef's back sector could stay unused too. The linedef's back sector heights would work as limits of FOF's movement: it wouldn't move any further.

If the current working way is desired (which in my opinion is confusing -- I've spent months to workaround it), I think I would understand if it was explained.

(Plus, I discovered this linedef type, #52, doesn't require a sector tag number to work. It can be zero, and still works.)

Besides, the wiki description was corrected.

Last edited:
they could put manic or sonia

Well, character wads of them exist, they haven't been ported to the newer versions but nonetheless they are out there, it'd be impractical to put characters from a rather obscure show into the game itself outside of just an addon.

On another note: There was talk in #srb2fun about a tf2-like payload game mode, and how possible it would be, of course anyone wanting it could just boot up tf2 but the idea is out there if anyone wants it.

Just in case this hasn't been implemented already, there is one thing that I would suggest the devs add to the 2.1 unlockables system. It would be nice if Linedef Type 441 could be set to work in reverse; that is, to activate another linedef executor in the level if the player triggers it and meets a specified ConditionSet. This would allow, for example, a smooth transition between the last level of a level pack and a hidden final boss unlocked by, say, collecting all emblems without the game blatantly saying "Hidden final boss unlocked!" and creating an option in the secrets menu.

Make some animated GIF files so texture scrolling won't be as annoying to implement on FOF's

I'm pretty sure these GIFs textures will be more annoying to build them into srb2.srb than using a simple scrolling walls/floors effect. Because, first, we'll have to make the textures go in 4 situations of scrolling (Up/Down/Left/Right), this means designers will have in their texture menu, every textures *5, because a lot of textures will be added, and designers will be confuse because of all these textures.
And - linedefs contain a lot of specific effects (config the scroll speed, etc.) So... this could only confuse the designers.

I'm assuming he's talking about a specific ring type that allows for light dashing, like the ones that are in Sonic Generations.

After playing Spiral Knights, I got an idea from one of the game types.

Capture the bases - Set an x amount of beacons in a level and have both teams try to take over them. Most points (which would be achieved by time/amount of bases taken over) wins.

If you have ever played Star Wars: Battlefront, you probably get the idea.

After playing Spiral Knights, I got an idea from one of the game types.

Capture the bases - Set an x amount of beacons in a level and have both teams try to take over them. Most points (which would be achieved by time/amount of bases taken over) wins.

If you have ever played Star Wars: Battlefront, you probably get the idea.
aka Unreal Tournament's Domination gametype? It's been suggested before, but Mystic has consistently shot down the idea on the grounds that defensive gameplay is impossible in SRB2. The fast paced nature of the game would cause every round to pretty much end in a stalemate because it's much harder to actually kill people and prevent them from constantly claiming back a beacon the minute you get your hands on it.

Well then, what about a King of the Hill gametype?
You're only getting points as long as you're in there, and quite a few old mods had such a type.
(namely, Cue's old 1.09.4 mod, SRB2Live or something or other)

Well then, what about a King of the Hill gametype?
You're only getting points as long as you're in there, and quite a few old mods had such a type.
(namely, Cue's old 1.09.4 mod, SRB2Live or something or other)
This has been suggested and discussed about a bazillion times already. You can already make King of the Hill maps with the Award Points linedef. No need for an extra gametype.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back