Polish leader, 96 others dead in Russia jet crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't it also stated the plane was old and was about to fall apart? It also said that the plane is not suited to fly due to this.

They couldn't replace it because they don't have money, thus they die. Sad.

World War III? Are we gonna be fighting the fog responsible for the planes crash?

Also, WWIII can't really happen, because everyone and their dog has a nuclear warhead stashed away now, it's an instant stalemate.

Oh, it CAN happen, but nobody will win. It's not going to happen over something this minor, though. It's sad that people died, but we're no longer living in the Cold War, so it's not going to be the trigger for the apocalypse.

Oh, it CAN happen, but nobody will win. It's not going to happen over something this minor, though. It's sad that people died, but we're no longer living in the Cold War, so it's not going to be the trigger for the apocalypse.

Well, nobody is stupid enough to let it happen. =P

Well, nobody is stupid enough to let it happen. =P
I really think you believe people to be smarter than they really are. The traditional Cold War nuclear apocalypse is no longer possible because the USSR collapsed, but the concept of nuclear war is still entirely possible. If you believe that any country with nuclear weapons would be defeated in war without using them, you're sadly mistaken.

Yes but we're at a stage of mutually assured destruction, one fires a nuke and the response is the same, so basically anyone who does so automatically assures the death of a large portion of at least a few major cities. I don't think anyone is that stupid, though looking at your previous president I'm not so sure.

Also, WWIII can't really happen, because everyone and their dog has a nuclear warhead stashed away now, it's an instant stalemate.

Um, actually, only a handful of countries have nuclear weapons, Cue. But you're right in essentials...all the major superpowers could devastate any country they wanted in an instant.

I don't think anyone is that stupid, though looking at your previous president I'm not so sure.
I'm not talking about that. I'm talking "Well, we're going to lose anyways, so we might as well take you out with us". Obviously a traditional "we fire our nukes, you fire yours" mentality from the Cold War is pretty hard to see happening nowadays.

For instance, say Iraq had a few nuclear weapons. They would likely have used them when it was clear they were going to lose the war to try to do as much damage as possible.

You don't need to have a Cold War-style nuclear exchange to do some serious damage.

After a single nuke gets dropped it wouldn't be surprising to see both sides use them until there is a seriously devastated area of the planet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back