• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Tips for sprites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I am trying to make some wads but iam not very good at spriteing so if anyone could give me some tips or just what program they use to draw the sprites that would be great.

P.S I just use piant right now and I need a better thing to draw my sprites on.

Paint is the best because of its simplicity. There is more you can do with it than you think.
There is no program that will draw things for you or that you magically give you artistic skill.

Once you learn how to turn the anti-aliasing off, Paint.net is close to the same thing, only with the advantage of layers. If you HAVE to get something new to scribble your sprites onto, I'd say start with that - fairly simple program second only to the original Paint, but a hell of a lot more versatile to boot.

The one that makes mine NOT look like crap is: Paint.NET Beta 3!
It actually makes it a BIT easier to draw them and besides XWE converts it to srb2 1.1 palette anyways.

Yeah as long as when you get XWE you point it to srb2.srb for 1.1 or 2.0:
2.0 is recommended but I just do better with 1.1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back