• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic R map project (Cancelled)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regal ruin looks good but you could use the FLOOR1_6 texture. it's a gfz texture but It's white and pinkish brown. Just a thought so It looks like the original Regal ruins

Did you even ask me if you where going to use my map? if you wanna make resort island please make it yourself and don't edit mine.

But if you mean your starting a resort island map from scratch then ignore the above text.

Thank you Zen for your confirmation so I can remake your resort island map (remake means to start again from scratch, with similarities)

Where are the sonic R textures? i might be able to update my radical city map with them and my Regal ruin im working on...

i played through resort island a bit and it was pretty good(altho im not really one to talk)

radical city refused to load

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
Where are the sonic R textures? i might be able to update my radical city map with them and my Regal ruin im working on...

O_O

In Sonic R...

As png's or something, I dunno.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:

WAIT WAIT I might help!!

I have Sonic R for PC......
and i think one day i was searching and snooping around in the cd and i think i saw the textures...
Ill go check it out... and reply my results

*double post

sorry, i was unsucessful.. most of the files in the CD are RAW and BIN files.... i cant open them...

the only thing i was able to get a hold of was the sound effects, if you want i can send them to you flame.

I have Sonic R for the PC as well...
and i found out that the Raw Files in them, ARE the texture files, but you need some type of special Paint program (like paint shop pro or something) to extract them...

I tried extracting the files and i was able too, but i dont know about the size, plus, it had lines in it

Example (128x128 pixels)
ruin02ki3.png

this was from the Ruin02.raw file

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
I have Sonic R for the PC as well...
and i found out that the Raw Files in them, ARE the texture files, but you need some type of special Paint program (like paint shop pro or something) to extract them...

I tried extracting the files and i was able too, but i dont know about the size, plus, it had lines in it

Example (128x128 pixels)
ruin02ki3.png

this was from the Ruin02.raw file

Curse you ADOBE photoshop!!!!

i can probably send you the Paint shop pro that i have, so you can rip these .Raw files

im bad at ripping things, other than sprites

It's not the program, you guys are opening the RAWs in the wrong size. Ruin02.raw looks like it would be 128x64, not 128x128. The character textures are normally 640x480 or 320x240, or something similar.

No foxblitzz, i just viewed it, and with your advice, it came out half the size and half the texture was missing

and also Foxblitzz, it seems that nothing other than 128 x 128 makes it show the texture

Alright (sorry for the double post) I finished Regal Ruin but cant upload the wad

i can only upload Pictures

srb20000lf1.png

Beggining of the level, the stairs, and other stuff (shortcuts)

srb20001hf4.png

The bridge, 3/4ths of the level

srb20002sq2.png

the starting line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back