2.1 Character Abilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrStephen

My PhD is made out of foam.
Judge
So I want to know about the different character abilities. But the Wiki does NOT have the correct information. I would love to know what abilities there are for characters, and how to type them in the S_SKIN; because they are different now, it's not like numbers but with text.
Anyone know the different abilities names for the S_SKIN?

So I want to know about the different character abilities. But the Wiki does NOT have the correct information. I would love to know what abilities there are for characters, and how to type them in the S_SKIN; because they are different now, it's not like numbers but with text.
Anyone know the different abilities names for the S_SKIN?

The wiki doesn't have the correct information yet because they have yet to document it yet it only has been at least five days. Plus they have alot of other things to document on the Wiki.

If you are just wondering what has been changed in the Character Customization department, click this link: https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/User:Monster_Iestyn/2.1_tidbits

From the limited playing around I did in the S_SKIN, the abilities seem to have been shifted up one number. 0 does nothing, 1 is thok, 6 is double jump instead of 5, etc.

Sure is nice having that list in the meantime. I've been wanting to update Hinote's SOC so I can still play as her until an official update is uploaded, so that'll help immensely.

Now in 2.1 for S_skin editing, instead of using numbers there are letters and words. All the character abilities are here:

CA_NONE
CA_THOK
CA_FLYCA_GLIDEANDCLIMB
CA_HOMINGTHOK
CA_SWIM
CA_DOUBLEJUMP
CA_FLOAT
CA_SLOWFALL
CA_TELEKINESIS
CA_FALLSWITCH
CA_JUMPBOOST
CA_AIRDRILL
CA2_NONE
CA2_SPINDASH
CA2_MULTIABILITY

The really cool ones are telekinesis (press jump while in air to push enemies away), fallswitch (when falling, it acts as a mini double jump, when going up, it acts as a stomp to go down), jumpboost (megajump), airdrill (similar to Sonic's spindash attack from Sonic Battle, basically you shoot up in the air with a spindash).

Wow. These are AWESOME abilities. Im going to have SO MUCH FUN with Fallswitch and Airdrill :3

I used to have ghosted thok and spin items...they were replaced with glitchy missiles.
Also trying to get air drill to work sent me rocketing into the air...is that normal?
How do the thok/spin items work now?

The thok/spin items work the same way they always have it's just that the slots you were using have changed. For example I found that sprite slot 115 used to be a thok trail but now it's a piece of coral.

What's new with 2.1 is you can put the name of things instead of the number, so instead of SPRITENUMBER = 115 I put SPRITENUMBER = SPR_THOK. The same applies to objects, states, and flags.

As for the air drill, I don't think there should be anything to try and 'get to work'. If you've got it set as the ability in the s_skin you should be good to go.

it seems to ROCKET into the air...it might need tweaking...on my end that is.
For some reason items aren't ghosting..that's my main problem. i'll try again.

ghostthokitem/ghostspinitem were removed, gone, banished, EXTERMINATED.

If you want something to vanish you're going to have to make it do so yourself if it's not MT_THOK or MT_GHOST or something else that's SOCed/hardcoded to disappear already.

Last edited:
crud..that explains a lot...
and i don't understand how to make custom items.. (the last time it broke)
why was it removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back