Version 2.0.7 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoganA

Administrator
Administrator
Sonic Team Junior
Posted by Mystic on 09-10-2013 08:20 PM.

Well, finally, here we are at…wait, 2.0.7? Yep, nothing truly exciting, but a significant bug was found and needed to be corrected immediately, so we’re releasing a simple hotfix patch. This release contains no new content, but includes the following bug fixes:

• Fixes a major issue with netplay that caused the game to be hypersensitive to denial of service attacks.
  • Fixes an issue with lasers in netplay causing consistency failures.
  • Fixes a rare crash when using F12 in Capture the Flag mode.
  • Low framerate should no longer cause screenshots to be taken improperly.
Head on over to the download page to get a copy of the patch.

More...

"Fixes a rare crash when using F12 in Capture the Flag mode."

I don't remember it crashed on CTF (because it's rare obviously but still, i never seen SRB2 crashing when F12ing), i don't think it ever happened before (?)

Last edited:
Actually, SRB2Kill has been known for a while. It was just recently (read: 2 nights ago) discovered we could patch the hole.

Pfft, thank me? I hardly did anything but report a big ass glitch thing that I thought no-one saw before. Oh well. :P

You know, when I saw the word 'Update' in the name of the most recent thread in the news section, I quickly jumped to this thread without fully processing the version number, and sadly, this is nothing about 2.1. Killed my hopes. :(

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Pfft, thank me? I hardly did anything but report a big ass glitch thing that I thought no-one saw before. Oh well. :P

Do you want a medal?

Probably?

I'm sure it goes by different names. It's the program that crashes netgames and makes the ping on servers skyrocket.

So it's up now?

I got the notice from the Steam group first and the download wasn't ready at that time.

This may not be a 2.1 release, but it's the next greatest thing. I was blaming WINE hitherto for SRB2 not generating screen captures accurately, but it appears that this was veritably caused by the diminished framerate in SRB2 itself as a consequence of executing non-native binaries. I'm glad too that the laser issues were resolved. There should (hopefully) be less consistency failures during the CEZ levels and some of the netplay levels with laser FOFs with this 2.0.7 revision.

A 2.0.7 patch release is not planned unless a critical bug is found that needs immediate fixing.[1]

I always knew they were NOT going to make a patch... Until now. You know, as long as we get a update, I am happy. Can not wait for 2.1. I hope it is soon. :D

Fixes a rare crash when using F12 in Capture the Flag mode.
It is very strange that the F12 crashes in Capture the Flag mode, that's why the code is poorly written or is removed, it's obvious yes.

(I refer to the source code).

Seems the patch is an engine fix, as it changes the main executable. Any ETA on the source arriving in the public svn? I mean, I know the repository hasn't been updated in over a year and is probably covered in cobwebs, but as an open-source project the source code kind of has to be released.

Though I can see the difficulty in fitting the patch in there, as from the sound of things it's applied to the 2.0.6 release, and not on top of all the other changes made in the repository after it.

Public trunk is incredibly unstable and it was honestly easier to backport from 2.1 to 2.0.6 than to that.

You can get a 2.0.6 -> 2.0.7 diff here.

Sort of an out in general question, but will this new code possibly help the 2.1 code? Sorry if this belongs somewhere else.

Sort of an out in general question, but will this new code possibly help the 2.1 code? Sorry if this belongs somewhere else.

As Inuyasha said one post above you:

犬夜叉;737417 said:
Public trunk is incredibly unstable and it was honestly easier to backport from 2.1 to 2.0.6 than to that.
The changes in 2.0.7 originate from 2.1 in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back