SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Kart Releases & Mods > Levels

μpak v5.1 Details »»
μpak v5.1
Developer Last Online: Jun 2019

Category: Version: SRB2 Kart Rating: (5 votes - 3.80 average)
Released: 05-11-2019 Last Update: 06-17-2019 Installs: 3
Single Player Levels Multiplayer Levels Re-Useable Content

μpak aims to be a quickly(?) expanding pack of race maps that vary in difficulty, time, and theme.

Included Levels:
Spoiler:

A fairly unique figure-eight esque circuit, this map has you race down into a canyon, through
a collapsed mine, into a lush desert oasis, and back up over a dangerous bridge.

[IMGhttps://mb.srb2.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=20155&stc=1&d=15607345 30[/IMG]
Begin in a small deserted village as you travel along a darkened freeway, arriving in the
glowing remains of a once bustling metropolis before you make your way back to the beginning.

Find yourself in a giant's world, only as tall as an RC car as you race throughout a massive
house, maneuver around loose cones and boxes, and scamper back to the finish line in
this fast-paced four lapper.

Race down into a river valley as you swerve to avoid trees, vines, and ancient ruins before
ascending a large cliff and catapulting off of a waterfall to retrace your steps.

Wind your way up an unusual vertically structured map as you race along this impromptu
go-kart track, swerving around stacks of tires, concrete pillars, and most importantly, other
racers in the claustrophobic interior of the parking garage.

Wind through the underbelly of a bustling metropolis, through quickly flowing water, and
along slick wet roads as you seek refuge from a raging storm underground.

Stuck plummeting in a continuous freefall on a fragmented racetrack, hop from island to island
across perilous gaps and over dilapidated bridges as you descend faster and faster into the
endless void.

Changelog:
Spoiler:
V1:
- Release
V2:
- Added Cascade Glade
- Fixed minor issues in Neon Sands
- De-Glued tunnel shortcut in Neon Sands
- Added an indication of the first turn to Suburban Scramble
- Added a third set of item boxes to Suburban Scramble
V2.1:
- Oops forgot boss waypoints in Cascade Glade (Items should behave normally now)
- Minor tweaks/visual improvements to Cascade Glade
V3:
- Added Parking Lot Panic
V3.1:
- I used V2 as the base for V3 instead of V2.1 so I re-readded the boss waypoints in Cascade Glade
- Added spring sector effects to the invisible fof ramps on the bed in Suburban Scramble
V4:
- Added Metro Madness
- FINALLY fixed the boss waypoints in Cascade Glade (for the last time I swear)
- Visual/Performance updates to Parking Lot Panic
- Made Parking Lot Panic 4 laps instead of 5
V4.1:
- MASSIVE overhaul to Desert Rift, maybe it will actually be nice to look at now.
- Added signage to the bottom route of Neon Sands because apparently people were unaware it even existed
- Removed second segment of the final Neon Sands shortcut as well as added offroad to the final ramp
- Fixed some minor bugs in Metro Madness such as lights with a current and intangible fences
V5:
- Added Freefall Frenzy
V5.1:
- FINALLY fixed the rendering issue in Desert Rift (just before the blue springs)
- Added another set of guide arrows at the beginning of the outdoor section of Metro Madness
- Removed memecut and generally cleaned up Freefall Frenzy

Download Now

File Type: pk3 kr_mupak_v5-1.pk3 (9.24 MB, 29 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	Banner.png
Views:	241
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	20152   Click image for larger version

Name:	Desert Rift Preview.png
Views:	245
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	20153   Click image for larger version

Name:	Neon Sands Preview.png
Views:	1
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	20155   Click image for larger version

Name:	Suburban Scramble Preview.png
Views:	244
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	20156   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cascade Glade Preview.png
Views:	245
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	20157  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Parking Lot Panic Preview.png
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	20158   Click image for larger version

Name:	Metro Madness Preview.png
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	20159   Click image for larger version

Name:	Freefall Frenzy Preview.png
Views:	252
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	20160  

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 05-11-2019   #2
D00D64
Worst Ranked 'Kart Player

Welcome to releases!

My awful Twitter account

My also awful YouTube channel
D00D64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019   #3
fishfish

Can't wait to try these out!
fishfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019   #4
fishfish

Surburban scramble is cool, so far I think people might have issue with the first turn since there's no indication. I think the final stretch could use another set of items. I really love the micro theme.

Eerie sands is really well done, I really like the theming and track layout. There are a ton of shortcuts, not sure if that's a good or bad thing but you could probably skip a lot of the level with a single super boost.

Last edited by fishfish; 05-13-2019 at 02:42 AM.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #5
Eldog

Updated to V2, see post for changelog
Eldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #6
fishfish

Awesome work, surburban scramble is definitely very fluid map now.

I really like the design of cascade glade, my friends got confused around the area right at the top of the waterfall, possibly with no confidence about jumping off. but the area is clearly marked where to go, maybe a ramp shaped rock or two at the top could be nice as a guide. I really love the waterfall jump, can't help but think of a certain other game
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #7
Eldog

Updated to V3, see post for changelog

I'm getting Deja-vu
Old 1 Week Ago   #8
Eldog

Updated to V4

See
Changelog
Old 1 Day Ago   #9
Eldog

Updated to V5

I can't think of anything funny to say this week sorry
Being the only one in the comments is lonely
Old 1 Day Ago   #10
cartoon_planet

I haven't played all of them yet, but I really enjoyed the ones I did. Many thanks for making these!
cartoon_planet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago   #11
Lightsideluc

Quick critiques:
Freefall has an interesting low-gravity gimmick, but the springs don't respond well to speed items, sending you super far out (and I imagine a Grow paired with red drift could straight up send you off the edge). Song is a fitting frantic, but tonally doesn't feel like it matches to me. I want the burp at the start of it as a hornmod.

Parking Lot Panic is a solid enough tech course, but it does feel a little barren. Some unobtrusive cars in the actual parking lot would be a nice addition. There's sand offroad, but none of it really does anything besides act as a buffer in dead ends; maybe use some around a ramp to skip one of the turns? The rooftop jump could do with a boost or zipper pad, I feel.

Desert Rift: I like the track and the song is chill, but it doesn't feel like it quite fits the valley theme, 100% subjective.
Lightsideluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago   #12
Pode

suburban panic could use a lot more work in the house to make it look more like a house. paintings, sofas, maybe a car in the garage. the backyard is pretty bare as well
Pode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago   #13
Eldog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightsideluc View Post
Quick critiques:
Freefall has an interesting low-gravity gimmick, but the springs don't respond well to speed items, sending you super far out (and I imagine a Grow paired with red drift could straight up send you off the edge). Song is a fitting frantic, but tonally doesn't feel like it matches to me. I want the burp at the start of it as a hornmod.
It's funny you say that, because the track was directly inspired by that song. The blue springs I purposefully put in front of angled road pieces and walls so that you COULDN'T just fly off the edge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightsideluc View Post
Parking Lot Panic is a solid enough tech course, but it does feel a little barren. Some unobtrusive cars in the actual parking lot would be a nice addition. There's sand offroad, but none of it really does anything besides act as a buffer in dead ends; maybe use some around a ramp to skip one of the turns? The rooftop jump could do with a boost or zipper pad, I feel.
While honestly your critiques are very valid, I already drop to 26 fps on my own map, and I seriously don't feel like adding more complexity. Thanks, doom legacy!