Gargoyle pusher! Flooded base zone. (f_Flooded_base.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krabs

he/him
Sonic Team Junior
Flooded base zone is a bit of an erz ish map, that has been flooded and is covered in a layer of water.
The map is TECHNICALLY ctf, but I like to call it a gargoyle pusher map.

In this "New gametype" one team pushes a gargoyle to a switch, that opens a door to the goal. The other team however, are trapped behind a lazer wall can attempt to attack the opposing side to stall them. If the pushing team scores, they win. If they don't, they lose.

Please tell me how the game works out in multiplayer, and if not, please tell why.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Passing the yellow lazer while blinking WILL kill you,
so no cheating. =D

Screenies: http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/darkbob1713/Flooded base zone pics/

Mirror: (for those who can't use attachments)
http://www.mediafire.com/?mwz4dnnwazh

Attachments

• Flooded Base Zone By Darkbob1713.zip
    32.6 KB · Views: 556
Last edited by a moderator:
Technically ctf? Does it have team bases? If not then it isn't a ctf map. If it has ctf as an allowed gametype but has no bases or flags, then please fix that. I notice that you didn't seem to use the naming conventions for levels (http://mb.srb2.org/announcement.php?f=68&a=3). I don't have the time today to download, test this and give a review.

I THINK it has bases, but they're used in a way to make a different sort of gametype, you'll see what I mean when you play it. (When you reach the goal as the gargoyle pushing team, you get teleported to an ouside-level red flag in a red team base and immediatley to a blue flag in a blue base, then the level immediatley ends with a script, otherwise, a timer will countdown to 0 and the other team wins.)

EDIT: Not trying to be a jerk, but theres about 26 judges, (I have too much free time, I counted them =P) and its been 3 days.
Also, I used naming conventions in the wad that is inside the zip, if I remember correctly.

It's an interesting gimmick, I'll give you that. It reminds me of the control point gametype in Team Fortress Classic. However, I don't think the level itself is the best example for it, as it took me close to two minutes just to get the gargoyle to the appropriate spot by myself without people shooting at me. If I had used this on a real online, it would seem close to impossible to get it where it needs to be.

I like the gimmick though, and I think that it would be better if it were placed in a well designed map.

I can't wait to try these levels.
Theres only ONE map.
Simsmagic said:
It's an interesting gimmick, I'll give you that. It reminds me of the control point gametype in Team Fortress Classic. However, I don't think the level itself is the best example for it, as it took me close to two minutes just to get the gargoyle to the appropriate spot by myself without people shooting at me. If I had used this on a real online, it would seem close to impossible to get it where it needs to be.

I like the gimmick though, and I think that it would be better if it were placed in a well designed map.
I woln't be touching this wad for a while because I'm too busy working on my mod, but If you want to you can make your own maps using "Gargoyle pusher." I'd love to see how it turned out. :D

I could give it a shot, though I can't promise that it'd turn out well.

Abslutly excellent idea. But yeah, what simsmagic said, it would be really hard, especially the fact that you only get aroun two minutes. You should extend the timing a bit more.

I would like to make some levels with this template, but I think I would procrastinate too much. This could become a mod or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back