SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Off-Topic > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2009   #1
Todd Khool the Cyborg
Default Is SEGA going to cancel Sonic the Hedgehog?

I am not sure because Sonic has been there mascot for years and years to come but lately he has been doing VERY badly (except for Sonic Chronicles & Unleashed). I have also been hearing a lot of people at my school (and on Myspace, Facebook places like that) saying that SEGA is going to cancel Sonic the Hedgehog. Do you think this is true? Also look at this

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/...o-rest/1276226
Old 01-06-2009   #2
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

If SEGA cancels Sonic the Hedgehog, as you put it, chances are that they'll go out of business. I call bullshit.

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
Old 01-06-2009   #3
Todd Khool the Cyborg

Yeah that's right. SEGA most likely will go out of business if they cancel Sonic. But Sonic's going downhill anyway so even if the don't cancel him SEGA is still going to go out of business.
Old 01-06-2009   #4
darkness claw
DeeCee

I wouldn't say that, just because a game is bad dosen't mean people won't buy it anyway. (Sometimes)
And even if Sonic ended up failing completley, SEGA has lots of other games and mascots they can use.
Old 01-06-2009   #5
Luminous

SEGA needs to build up some more ideas for things other than the Sonic the Hedgehog series. Super Monkey Ball, Chu Chu Rocket!, and Phantasy Star were just fine.
Old 01-06-2009   #6
Rukario
Metal Gear Mass-Murderer

They wouldn't cancel Sonic, purely because of his reputation (I mean, practically everyone knows something about Sonic) and the fact he is their mascot. Sonic is the series that they are making the most money out of, which, yes, is because they are focusing on him.
Old 01-06-2009   #7
Chisuun
Lord Almighty

As crappy as Sonic games might be, they still sell out like crazy. When SU became available for pre-order from a UK games store, it sold out quite quick. Fact is, Sonic games sell pretty well, despite their quality, and to drop Sonic from would would be financial suicide for Sega.
Old 01-06-2009   #8
Sonnarkku
Obamasnow Fan-- With a Hat

I made a topic that has information about this in Video Gaming, its called, ¨Games that went downhill¨ go to see it if you want.
Old 01-06-2009   #9
Gemini Spark
The EX version

You know, they should make a real effort to revive NiGHTS; that way they have two games to keep them in business.
Old 01-06-2009   #10
Sonnarkku
Obamasnow Fan-- With a Hat

I remember playing sonic adventure, sometimes getting lost in Mystic ruins forest, playing the adventure that made it feel so real even though grafics were that way... Ahhh Sonic Adventure really got me into the adventure, I think was only game that made it feel so real, especially when Amy gets kidnapped, adventure starts getting fucking climatic.
Old 01-06-2009   #11
Yugi2

As said before, if Sega cancels STH for good, it would be financial suicide.
Doesn't it seem a little ironic?
Old 01-06-2009   #12
Fyrus

This is probably the dumbest topic here. Seriously. If sonic gets canceled, Sega goes down the toilet and we wont see Sega as a gamemaker anymore.
Old 01-06-2009   #13
TobisPwnage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrus
This is probably the dumbest topic here. Seriously. If sonic gets canceled, Sega goes down the toilet and we wont see Sega as a gamemaker anymore.
I agree completley, SEGA needs Sonic, no matter how bad it has been latley. If SEGA cancels Sonic, poof...no more SEGA.
Old 01-07-2009   #14
fox boy

SEGA can't cancel sonic cause sonic is they're last card in the deck. i mean they would've had more but they didn't build any games up except sonic. when nintendo see's this they'll send mario to kick his ass. SEGA needs to make more games or make sonic bigger than mario could ever be (not gonna happen i bet :P).
Old 01-07-2009   #15
Ice
Pretty chill guy

I sure hope they do cancel Sonic, he doesn't need another game, he needs to stop being abused. I think sega can come up with something better.
Old 01-07-2009   #16
TobisPwnage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice
I sure hope they do cancel Sonic, he doesn't need another game, he needs to stop being abused. I think sega can come up with something better.
We all wish they would, Sonic Team Jr. does hella better job then they will ever do. But they are just gonna keep hammering nails into his coffin until it's to late.
Old 01-07-2009   #17
Luminous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrus
Not really. Sega can live with tons of their other series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice
Sonic games are bad? I never knew.
Old 01-07-2009   #18
Manic
wat

Sonic's franchise has too huge of a fanbase, so I doubt it being cancelled.
Old 01-07-2009   #19
Django Urikashima

If Sonic is Dropped from Sega, I seriously hope Nintendo takes him.

I mean, call it irony, but I had the most fun playing Sonic in a game that wasn't made by Sega.
Old 01-07-2009   #20
Clay

Sonic isn't going to die until SEGA goes out of business.

Sonic shouldn't die now, not with terrible games being his last. I want Sonic to go out with a bang.

And yes, I agree with Django Urikashima. If SEGA gives up Sonic, Nintendo should take him.
Closed Thread