SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Old 12-17-2007   #1
onyx

Default How did you come across SRB2?

I found srb2 on caiman games, when I was looking in the sonic section.

pffft, the Tails Doll can suck my left nut....:D
onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007   #2
h4gm4
Default Re: How did you come across SRB2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx
I found srb2 on caiman games, when I was looking in the sonic section.
Me too. O_o
Old 12-17-2007   #3
Jazz

YouTube.
Old 12-17-2007   #4
SRB2 Guy
hurr hurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz
YouTube.
SRB2 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007   #5
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

Wow, this is going to date me...

It was linked off the SSRG.
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007   #6
Sonict

I know we had a topic like this already. Let me find it if I can.

EDIT: Yep. Right here: http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewt...ghlight=#95626

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonict's post said
I found this site while searching for good Sonic fan games on SFGHQ. I tried a couple of games and they were ok, then I saw this game. I downloaded it (Demo 4.32 or demo 3?) and played it on my P-120, 40 Mb ram, 2 mb video card laptop. The windows version sucked as it didn't have any sound and was laggy. The dos version ran much better and had sound. When I was in THZ 1, I managed to SigSegv the game while I was playing.

Then I got bored of the game until I had a better laptop and then went back to the site and waited for final demo 1.00 to come out. I played it and I found it much improved! Then, During the Black Thursday (Major Power Outage in August). While on battery, I finally got all of the emeralds so I unlocked "Mario Koopa Blast" and the other ones as well. (Not the emblems). Then I left the game for other things until I tried it out again at around december 2005. I liked it and finally joined this board when I was making my 2d level pack for the contest and joined the irc chat about a week before march break. I started logging irc after the march break :( .

I think that is all from me,

Sonict

My YouTube account: http://youtube.com/user/Sonict11
Sonict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007   #7
SSNTails
What part of 'RETIRED' don't you understand?

The Sonic Zone (well, SRB1)
SSNTails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007   #8
Kaysakado

I forget, because I actually first found it a long time ago(mid-1.08), and then stopped for a while, then I came back with a new forum account, because I forgot both the username and password to my old one, and the password to the e-mail account I registered my old account with. In any case, this time I came accross it by memory.
Old 12-17-2007   #9
Turtle Man
aka ZTM / ZTurtleMan

I found SRB2 when I was reading about Sonic X-treme at http://sonicxtreme.tk/.
Turtle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007   #10
Sykotic

Ironically enough, from Super Mario War forums. See, Zash wanted me to help him with the graphics part of an SRB2 Mod, if he did the coding, because he was going to make a 3D SMWar. Didn't get far because he faked death on us all =/
Old 12-17-2007   #11
Kaysakado

Wait, so Zash/Segmint/Mint/whatever his name is was the one who introduced you to this place, and now you hate him for ban evading? Insanity.
Old 12-17-2007   #12
Sykotic

Not for ban evading, but for being an asshole to me after it was found that he faked death all along.

EDIT- And he keeps telling everyone that I'm schizophrenic.
Old 12-17-2007   #13
Kaysakado

1. What do you mean "faked death"?

and 2. Whats schizozophrenicish? Or whatever? *shot*
Old 12-17-2007   #14
Spazzo
Permanently Banned

...actually, I don't remember how I found this place...

I know it was back during 4.35, so I must have just stumbled across it.
Spazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007   #15
JEV3
There and back again~

I actually can't remember when, but it was before 1.09.4... I think I was just searching aimlessly for decent Sonic games on google. When I first started playing, I started by expanding on the Bee Hive Zone textures... and doing rather poorly (most were online images). Then I made a charmy bee wad which was quite clearly done in paint. Tried recoloring/respriting SA Knux into Tikal when I just got tired of it.

About a year later I came back to it... and made it as far as SPZ/AGZ with Knuckles on Mystic Realm while moving to a new house. I started working on a lot of levels, and some were pretty decent though my thing placement stunk, the layout was often boring, and I used 50 unit intervals instead of 64. Started working on some co-op levels which mostly stunk, and then due to some difficulties in who to teach level design in the family I ended up getting grounded and when I came back, I just didn't feel like working on it anymore.

Then this past summer I started again with Mystic Realm, managed to get as far as PAZ and joined these forums and later on, Jazz's forums. Recently I completed Mystic Realm as Sonic, and have started reworking my better old levels for submission into a level design contest.

And what is SSRG?

EDIT: Aaand... poor timing on my part... >.<

~The Greatest Adventure: Ballad of the Hobbit
JEV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007   #16
Spazzo
Permanently Banned

Sonic Stuff Research Group...

....hey, I remember that place...
Spazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007   #17
BlueZero4

I've said this before, but Wikipedia. *shudders*

Also, if anybody wants a time estimation, I DLed SRB2 two or three days before 1094 came out. I also vaguely remember Mystic locking the "Introductions" section, if it counts. :P
Old 12-17-2007   #18
Kaysakado

Also, as for my time estimations, I forget exactly when I joined, but I remember I left around a week after 1.09 came out. I remember my cache was being used on the srb2.org website, so when 1.09 first came out, it still had the 1.08 link, and then, by purely coincidence, on the same day 1.09 came out, I followed the link to 1.08, but changed the url so it led to the 1.09 installer, and then I thought I was omgz uber-1337 and posted a forum topic about it, and then I remember Mystic saying I failed. :p
Old 12-17-2007   #19
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

I came here from the Sonic Fan Games HQ.
Old 12-17-2007   #20
Sky Ninja

I was on the internet, searching Sonic Games, and I came across things about SRB2. I was wondering what it was, so I googled it. I found SRB2.org.
Sky Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote