Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will SRB2 work on WineX for the Linux system? Our school's computers run on linux, and we'd like to try to install it onto the computers.

Or someone could port SRB2 to Linux. It's already been ported to the GP32.

I just tried it. It won't work on a normal Linux system. I have yet to try it through the WineX system, however. :cry:

If someone could make a Linux-compatible port, I and my school's technology club would thank you greatly. We've been searching for a good online game that we can use; thus, being a veteran on the game and on this board (The old one, anyway), I suggested this, and it's fit the bill. Now, we've established sort of an SRB2 cult. We've got T-Shirts and everything! :D

T-Shirts? You should take a photo and I'll put it on the website!!

There was a very limited run of SRB2 team tees, they didn't turn out too well. :?

Porting SRB2 to linux should be ridiculously easy.

I'll see what I can do. They'll all be for naught, though, if I can't get the whole Linux thing working right.

In the meantime, however, I'm thinking of writing a fanfic based on the storyline of SRB2. Unfortunately, seeing as we don't have enough levels to write a full story, it'll have to be put on hold...

There is a giant logo design on the website...

I'm not down with heat transfer shirts, though.

Who knows, it might make me excited enough to port SRB2 to linux. Or at least set everything up so that porting is even easier, since I don't have a box to test it on and all.

I'll have a chance to test it out with the WineX program next week.

In the meantime, check out C420 Saga comic 6.5 on my site! It has a small reference to SRB2! :o

No, that it doesn't. It's based on an old version of Doom Legacy from before Mac support was added, so adding support probably wouldn't be very easy, either. Unless maybe it could be ported to Linux and then MacOS X, or something, but I have no idea how easy or hard that would be, and I don't own a Mac.

You can indeed use the /macos dir in the Legacy source for porting SRB2 to mac.. however, porting to mac is a lot more work than just to Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back