SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Off-Topic > Video Games

Old 05-22-2010   #1
Nova
Deactivated profile

Default Halo Reach

You know the drill people. Likes? Dislikes? Send your thoughts here!

I like the idea that we can finally see a Spartan Team in action, and of course you get to be a part of it!

Haven't really played the beta so..... yeah go figure. XD

My dislike really isn't so much of one of those "GODAMN THIS GAME SUCKS JUST BECAUSE OF THESE RETARDED REASONS!" rants that Inuyasha made out of Modern Warfare 2 as it is one of those "Oh they put this back in, that might be inconvenient but I will switch my mindframe and work around it and suck it up." kind of thing.
Just because your shields recharge dosen't mean you will survive the next pounding. That's right everyone, health packs jump back into Reach straight from ODST. So be careful out there kiddies.

Ok your turn you guys!
Old 05-22-2010   #2
TrueTenguMan
Been working. . .

Well from the gameplay videos I've looked at on live, it does look rather fun. I'm very glad they changed the mechanic with the sword thrust when originally your only chance of survival was a unison thrust and a quick swing before an instant kill...

The new assassination seems alright but doesn't look necessary to waste 3 seconds for a GoW (gears of war)like killing sequence. The jetpack was also off setting as it seems more appropriate for a campaign level than multiplayer. Look out people, more cheap kills.
I'll never play multiplayer, but the campaign looks fun to participate with someone.
Originally Posted by Scizor300
2.1 will be released when Mystic's beard grows back.
TrueTenguMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010   #3
Cue
ALAM STOP BREAKING THE S

The jetpack didn't actually allow for many cheap kills, it all balances out quite well. Your aiming is pretty shot while using it.

Having played the beta, I'm quite looking forward to the release, they're added a lot more variety into this one, and providing they add forge (and they will) it's gonna be interesting, Forge + Boneyard shall be fun.
<@Mystic> That's a good idea, Cue.
Cue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010   #4
TrueTenguMan
Been working. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
The jetpack didn't actually allow for many cheap kills, it all balances out quite well. Your aiming is pretty shot while using it.
Anything vehicle-like I consider cheap, but at least the accuracy it short for balance.
Originally Posted by Scizor300
2.1 will be released when Mystic's beard grows back.
TrueTenguMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010   #5
neon231
Big Teddy

I think that people will play. And about a month later all this Halo Reach is the best will turn out to be "Oh, it is just another fps that I am addicted to but I still say it sucks." Atleast, thats what my friend Josh will be saying.
neon231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010   #6
Ice
Pretty chill guy

I found the beta to be very fun, the best multiplayer out of all halos IMO. It's just plain fun. Full of action, the occasional cool moves pulled, and much more dynamic with the addition of armor loadouts.
Old 06-19-2010   #7
Wolfy
wolfs
Developer

Firefight evolved... all ODST's problems fixed :D
[23:56:36] <SM-MaxX> prisma illya is a gift to this impure earth and a shining beacon for all anime
Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010   #8
MechaS3K
NEVAR FORGET

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTenguMan View Post
The new assassination seems alright but doesn't look necessary to waste 3 seconds for a GoW (gears of war)like killing sequence.
Hey, anything to give people a reason to stop teabagging enemy corpses. On a related note, the matchmaking has been improved, with the ability to weigh player selection by chattiness, teamwork, and... teabagging of enemy corpses.
DECORATE is the language of people who don't know how to program.
MechaS3K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010   #9
Wolfy
wolfs
Developer

Slight bump(okay,4 week.)
Forge World ViDoc

Forge is better than ever. Snaps to objects, can phase , now supports floating in the air, and you have the biggest Halo map created to play it on. Some multiplayer maps were also revealed in screenshots.
Funfact: Forge World was originally 5 separate maps.
[23:56:36] <SM-MaxX> prisma illya is a gift to this impure earth and a shining beacon for all anime
Old 07-25-2010   #10
Ice
Pretty chill guy

Holy cow, that actually looks pretty cool. I really hated the old forge, but this looks like it'll actually be worthwhile.
Old 07-25-2010   #11
BlueZero4

This is awesome. Reach looks like Halo 3 but fixed.
Old 07-25-2010   #12
Cue
ALAM STOP BREAKING THE S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice View Post
Holy cow, that actually looks pretty cool. I really hated the old forge, but this looks like it'll actually be worthwhile.
How could you hate forge? Forge was what kept Halo 3 alive.

RE: Forge World.

Holy Shit, they said Sandtrap was a big Forge map, but my God it has nothing on this. I am seriously looking forward to seeing what people do with that now.
<@Mystic> That's a good idea, Cue.

Last edited by Cue; 07-25-2010 at 08:17 PM.
Cue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010   #13
Wolfy
wolfs
Developer

Aaaand another update. Firefight Versus was also revealed. And you actually get to play as an elite with covenant buddies to kill the Spartans. Twist is, only spartans earn points while elites don't. Elites get unlimited lives and obviously, Spartans get limited lives. Also, firefight can have creatable game mode variants like custom games.
Old 07-26-2010   #14
max+sonic
A Proud SRB2 User

From what I have played from the beta of Halo Reach, it was really fun and fast paced like Halo 2. The only play list I played the most in matchmaking was invasion, I think that was the name of the game type. I think this will be a good game and to enjoyed for a long time, unlike Halo 3.
max+sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010   #15
Invertin

My excitement over the game was "looks good, I might get it if there's nothing better out", until I saw the videos of the new forge mode.

New forge is the best thing ever. Seriously. It's an actual editing tool now instead of a gimmicky weapon for killing people with large objects.

Also, in concerns to forgeworld, one person I forget the name of put it best.

"They didn't put Blood Gulch back into Halo for Reach. They put Blood Gulch in a small corner of a massive forgable map into Reach."
Invertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010   #16
Supersonic2p3
Kurri | Kawaii Killer

It's no wonder why Halo is one of the most selling franchises on the Xbox. Sur MW2 may have more copies sold, but look at Halo 3, it sold fairly close, and the best part, it had the disadvantage of being on one console, not two, one. Take that COD fanboys.
Old 07-31-2010   #17
steven
Steven Duda

I cant wait for reach. I'm already saving up money for it. Just $21 away :)
Old 09-03-2010   #18
Wolfy
wolfs
Developer

Apparently, Halo: Reach has been leaked thanks to a retarded move by M$. As you all would expect, this leaked version is not playable without a modded/JTAG'd Xbox 360 console. Now just try to avoid all of the spoilers coming up all over the place.