SRB2 version 0.70?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steven

Steven Duda
I am determined to find all the versions for SRB2 there are. I was looking for the 2k3 demo (also christmas 0.90) and i stumbled on this version for SRB2 v0.70. I never heard of this version of SRB2 and I'm wondering what this is. Is it the 2k3 demo?

I think it's Final Demo 1.01-1.04 (all of these are almost the same, save for some bugfixes).

After further research (I'm trying to make myself sound smarter than I really am) it was Final Demo v1.01. That kinda made me sad, I guess my search for the 2k3 demo continues :D

Oh one thing the 10th Anniversary Demos (There where 2 of them) are different from the 2k3 demo right?

If you find 2K3, you might want to let the rest of us know. That version has been missing for who knows how long.

Alright, if I'm going to find 2k3 I need a few questions answered. When was the 2k3 demo released? 2003 it would be but like I read that it was released during a SAGE. I need to know which one. SRB2 is rather popular among Sonic fans and I'm sure somewhere in the internet there is a mirror of the 2k3 demo. I really want to find this long lost demo for the best fan game out there. Just hope it is lost to history.

Oh one more thing why hasn't versions 1.10.2 and 1.10.4 (The 2 10th Anniversary demos) been added to the Archived Versions page on srb2.org when the readme says it has?

It isn't lost to history. Here: http://mystic.sepwich.com/2k3.zip (just a straight zip of my old 2k3 directory, ancient wads included)

What we're missing is the actual self-extracting RAR for it. I'll also note that SRB2:2K3 is just a public beta, similar to the #srb2fun 2.0 match beta. SRB2:2K3 is the same thing for Final Demo's match system, with the original weapon system.

I really don't think we need such things on our historic downloads page because they really aren't releases with all the content even working. In 2K3 if you try to start the single player game it just does nothing. No error or anything unless you bother to open the console. The #srb2fun 2.0 beta doesn't even have support for adding WADs at all. It's just a crappy beta of 2.0. If you're curious about such things, feel free to mess with it, but for anyone actually looking to play it's completely useless.

There wasn't a search for that to begin with. What we're looking for is the old self-extracting RAR. Nobody has a clue where that is, even though I SHOULD have it.

It isn't lost to history. Here: http://mystic.sepwich.com/2k3.zip (just a straight zip of my old 2k3 directory, ancient wads included)

What we're missing is the actual self-extracting RAR for it. I'll also note that SRB2:2K3 is just a public beta, similar to the #srb2fun 2.0 match beta. SRB2:2K3 is the same thing for Final Demo's match system, with the original weapon system.

I really don't think we need such things on our historic downloads page because they really aren't releases with all the content even working. In 2K3 if you try to start the single player game it just does nothing. No error or anything unless you bother to open the console. The #srb2fun 2.0 beta doesn't even have support for adding WADs at all. It's just a crappy beta of 2.0. If you're curious about such things, feel free to mess with it, but for anyone actually looking to play it's completely useless.

Wow that was easy :D

Thanks for the 2k3 demo. Mainly the reason why I wanted the 2k3 demo is for Historic Curiosity. Yes they are old and broken versions of SRB2, but I'm interested how much things where different in the past and how much things has changed. Its just the thing I'm interested in. Now for Xmas v0.90.

There wasn't a search for that to begin with. What we're looking for is the old self-extracting RAR. Nobody has a clue where that is, even though I SHOULD have it.

Cut the ancient wads out then compile it into a Self Extracting RAR?

That should work. If the old Self extracting rar/zip is missing, and the contents wern't, you could of just made a new one.

All of old releases are crappy betas of the real thing. The only reason they're there is that some people are curious. The same thing is true for the 1.1 beta and 2k3.

I kinda have to agree, it would be cool to see these on the history page (albeit clean up the 2k3 one to look like the original package).

There were four 1.1 match betas:

The version numbering should give it away. Really, the 1.10.4 is the only one of any significance, because all that each version did was fix crashes.

Warning: SRB2: 2k3 has some crash bugs. With some pretty stupid stuff too, like hitting monitors under certain situations IIRC.

Oh my gosh, watch out for Xmas 0.90. It won't run on anything but Win95/98, and even then you'll be lucky (may take multiple tries of starting the first map). This was the first version to allow jumping OVER enemies and bouncing off them. Kind of think v0.92 but without monitor boxes and a health box icon on the screen like SRB2 Halloween.

I used to keep the version of the source code to every SRB2Xmas, but I deleted all but v0.96 in a hard drive cleanup years and years ago.

Last edited:
ah so v.0.7.0 is v.1.10.1
okay. Now I understand. :)
Ah, the first version I ever stumbled on when I don't have any internet yet.

oh, so v.0.70 is v.1.01~v.1.04.
So it's 4 version packed into one, am I following you correctly this time?

unfortunately the link is offline :(

unfortunately the link is offline :(

My good sir, don't you read the date? This was 2011, you creating a 3 year bump is gonna cause you an infraction. (Reason: Do not bump topics without something significant to add.) Instead of making a reply to this topic, try making a new thread about this.

Thank you.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Now that that problem is out of the way, back to my quoting duty's since now that this topic has gotten someone to reply, I should be good until 3 months has past.

SSNTails said: Oh my gosh, watch out for Xmas 0.90. It won't run on anything but Win95/98, and even then you'll be lucky (may take multiple tries of starting the first map).
Can't you use Windows Compatibility to make it work anyways?

SSNTails said: SRB2 2k3 has some crash bugs. With some pretty stupid stuff too, like hitting monitors under certain situations IIRC.
By 'under certain situations' you mean, when you get hurt, you can pop one?

Mystic said: It isn't lost to history. Here: http://mystic.sepwich.com/2k3.zip (just a straight zip of my old 2k3 directory, ancient wads included)
That link "mystic.sepwich" has been now taken over by those advertising companies. So, unless you really want to (which probably not), do you think you can make another link that leads toward the same file?

SpiritCrusher said: No, 1.02, 1.03 and 1.04 were bugfixes. Kinda like 2.0.6 is still 2.0.
Also, kinda like 2.1.1 ~ 2.1.8 are all still 2.1.0. Took me a few seconds to catch on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back