• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Level pack collab revival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suddenly, Salad! And also a tiny update.

j5yF2KU.png

I finally got around to making a new sky for ZZZ. Sure, it's just a recolored Marble Garden background, but it looks good enough.

TkNe14U.png

Incredibly early start of CCZ1. Note the textures I shamelessly stole borrowed from SRB2 Riders, and the stupid structure in the background. (Maybe I'll turn it into a space needle or something.)

11I7pTE.png

Scrolling cloud/fog layer with placeholder flats.

This zone will be the death of me.

This is actually starting to look a bit neat. As a general suggestion, though, I'd really work heavily on only a single zone at a time and release as you go, instead of working on everything at once. You're more likely to produce something that way, and you get feedback as you go to make your later work better than your earlier work.

I'm really liking the recolored marble garden sky! What level will that be?

Zany Ziggurat Zone (I bet I spelled it wrong).

And this is looking actually good! Do as Mystic says and go for ZZZ. I'm really looking forward to play this.

Last edited:
Thank you for the feedback. ZZZ1 is currently the most complete of all the zones I have made so far, so I'll work on that one the most.

R1KPUxC.png

A view of the starting area of ZZZ1.

Oh my that looks lovely, and I also really like what you've done with the ZZZ sky. The badnik sprites lack some polish and don't fit in with the art style of the rest of the game, but new enemies in of itself makes up for that.

It's also wonderful to see something getting done with the collab I started a year back. (Which I still regret cutting and running on due to some personal life circumstances out of my control eating up most of my time for the past year)

If I get enough time in future I would love to return to this project and actually get around to making Gravity Garden Act 2 and Steam Engine Zone as I intended. But that's a pretty big 'if' right now.

So far I am liking what I am seeing in the screenshots a lot, ZZZ especially. I am glad that you took the initiative to keep the project alive since it had some great zone ideas going for it. I like the design you gave the new enemies, they will definitely look good when they are completely finished. I definitely will be keeping an eye out for how well this progresses.

That looks awesome. If you ever need any help with level design I'd be happy to offer my skills!

And it's just the start of the level tough...
Pretty sure this will be a fun marathon level :P

If you get this pack into a playable state I might be able to do some music for you guys.

^Probably placeholders.

Also, I never thought I'll see this again. Bravo, sir.

SardonicActualEmperorshrimp.gif

Okay, the 2.1 coat of paint is a little fresher, now. Red Crawlas are a placeholder for actual enemies.

Ohmygod I'm begging you release Gravity Garden Zone as a standalone level when you complete it. It looks absolutely AMAZING. An incredibly unique first zone that is hard to die in, but you have to actually know what you're doing to find your way through. I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back