New SonicNextGen Information (plus Boxart)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_(2006_game)

I know, Wikipedia, but this was the easiest way to get all the information I wanted up.

First, note the brand-new boxart; I've heard that this is one of the higher-resolution versions floating around the 'net, and this is official - there's apparantly a version of it on the official Sega website. Also notice the XBox Live logo on the top edge of the boxart....

Second, scroll down to the English Casting section, and read the part about the hack team's discoveries - that a new voice actor for Sonic and Shadow seems to be listed, one that's a relative unknown and has nothing to do with 4Kids. Also interesting - the inclusion of F and M near the bottom; the only existing characters with those initials are Fang and Mighty, though it could also be "flames of disaster" and Mephiles (the rumored new hedgehog character).

I know, most of this is speculation, but I figured y'all would at least want to know some of this.

Two months. They're going to release Sonic 2k6 at the PS3's launch. That's not a lot of time. Considering the footage we've seen, I'm wondering if this is one of those short games not unlike what Sonic Team made back in the Saturn era (NiGHTS was seven stages, and Burning Rangers was only four.)

Still, though, I'm cautiously optimistic about this game. Cautiously. It seems they're really trying some new, cool things, but then there's the voice that says they're going to screw up like they always do.

While I like the coloring style of the boxart, I can't put my finger on it. It seems weirdly composed.

I love the box art! Must grab xbox 360.... Well I also wanna play halo 3, so that's double reason to get one now...
(Can't wait for sonic's release)

Im just gonna buy the PC version, sides i only got the money to buy a nintendo wii (and yes- im getting sonic wildfire *better title than the new one*).

If Super Sonics not playable in all levels (like in sonic 2 , sonic 3, ect.), im gonna barf. >_>

SuperSonic117 said:
Im just gonna buy the PC version....

HAS IT BEEN CONFIRMED YET ?!?!?!?! PLEEEEEASE TELL ME IT'S BEEN CONFIRMED!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Of all the games I've ever hoped to hit PC, this blows the others straight out of the water. The thing is, I generally view consoles and handhelds to be a waste of money when a PC can do most of that and much more. It's something my parents kinda raised (rose?) me to think. And I'm staying by that. Even when it's this painful.

P.S. What think of the Fang rumor? I'd say it could happen, especially here.

I love the irony of the fact that Shadow, the game that was hyped as being violent and overly-mature, was E10 while SONIC the Hedgehog is 12+ (T in the US).

Fantastic logic, right there. Well, with any luck, there'll be more helpless GUN soliders to shoot on sight. Great fun, that was. Who's with me on this one?

ALSO! http://news.sonicstadium.org/story/196/

GM: It's Sonic's 15th birthday - how are you celebrating the anniversary in the game?

MK: Because it's the 15th anniversary of Sonic and also the starting point for Sonic on the next-gen consoles we've made the concept completely new but reused some classic stages. So you'll recognize some of your favorite stages from old Sonic games.

Oh my god, yes. First Green Hill in SA2, now this. Emerald Coast 360, anyone?

Omega the Hedgehog said:
I love the irony of the fact that Shadow, the game that was hyped as being violent and overly-mature, was E10 while SONIC the Hedgehog is 12+ (T in the US).

Fantastic logic, right there. Well, with any luck, there'll be more helpless GUN soliders to shoot on sight. Great fun, that was. Who's with me on this one?

Fun fact: Shadow the Hedgehog was also PEGI 12+

Fun fact: Shadow was censored slightly in the US version (You could "kill" the GUN soliders, but you couldn't KILL them, per se. They'd fall to the ground and reach up towards the sky, randomly emitting sound clips to show that they're still alive. Bastards. Why won't they die.)

Digiku said:
While I like the coloring style of the boxart, I can't put my finger on it. It seems weirdly composed.
It's probably because Sonic's legs could not possibly be that far apart at the speed he appears to be going.

Omega the Hedgehog said:

ALSO! http://news.sonicstadium.org/story/196/

GM: It's Sonic's 15th birthday - how are you celebrating the anniversary in the game?

MK: Because it's the 15th anniversary of Sonic and also the starting point for Sonic on the next-gen consoles we've made the concept completely new but reused some classic stages. So you'll recognize some of your favorite stages from old Sonic games.

Oh my god, yes. First Green Hill in SA2, now this. Emerald Coast 360, anyone?

Actually, the PEGI rated Shadow 12+ as well and it still turned out as an E10 in the US, so theres still a possibility that this game may be rated E10, TRUFAX :P .

Alexmonk0 said:
Actually, the PEGI rated Shadow 12+ as well and it still turned out as an E10 in the US, so theres still a possibility that this game may be rated E10, TRUFAX :P .

i find that Very agreeable... I mean... i think Sega is just targeting sonic to more older people because of the "VIOLENCE" i dont really see the violence in sonic games (ther than shadow the hedgehog, with the Guns and stuff)

hey, maybe sega will one day screw up and we'll have a Rated M Sonic game :eek:

for a retro stage, i would like to see chemical plant
(the second level after emerald hill in sonic 2)
i think thats the name..... :? i forgot...

and star dust speeedway from sonic cd

I would also like to see sky santuary
(Sonic 3 and knuckles/sonic & knuckles)

and i think thats it...

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/5833

New trailer. This reveals the E10+ rating (it's official), as well as a new voice for Sonic (!).

At least, it's considerably different from what Griffith has done in the past. Griffith may have fitted the voice to be more like Drummond, or there is a new voice actor for Sonic (found in a list on the Wikipedia entry, but has since been removed).

Also, http://sonic.sega.jp/sonic/

The Japanese Sonic 2006 website has been refaced. New graphics are found, and an excerpt of the main theme, now with vocals, plays as BGM. It's titled "His World" by Zebrahead.

My thoughts: they look like they are really taking Sonic to a different direction. The style of the main theme is considerably different from the hard rock of earlier Adventure-era games. As for the main theme itself, I dunno. The vocals remind me of the Super Mario Bros. Super Show theme, but it sounds like the sort of thing that would grow on you.

(Edit: Scratch that. After ten minutes, it's grown on me already.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back