>_> <_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shuffle said:
Awesome, models are still broken! :O

You mean that there is something in SRB2 that isn't broken? :P
Anyway, it looks pretty intresting and is nice, but the fact of the matter is if you are gonna have 3D model character SRB2, then why not just move to a copletely diffrent engine?
Models don't fit with SRB2 and they NEVER will....
Just anyone playing around with this can see that...
So lets PLEASE ignore all the idiots who really want Modeled character in this game...
They are the type of people that liked playing Superman 64 cuz "It was shiney!".

Shuff, your work is awsome and you know I have nothing against you or anything so I hope no one thinks this is an attack or anything...

Kroze said:
Shuffle said:
Awesome, models are still broken! :O

You mean that there is something in SRB2 that isn't broken? :P
Anyway, it looks pretty intresting and is nice, but the fact of the matter is if you are gonna have 3D model character SRB2, then why not just move to a copletely diffrent engine?
Models don't fit with SRB2 and they NEVER will....
Just anyone playing around with this can see that...
So lets PLEASE ignore all the idiots who really want Modeled character in this game...
They are the type of people that liked playing Superman 64 cuz "It was shiney!".

Shuff, your work is awsome and you know I have nothing against you or anything so I hope no one thinks this is an attack or anything...

I agree with ya there. Models do not fit well in SRB2. If you don't want that Game and Watch feel of being 2D, then don't play OpenGL. If you don't want low-quality sprites, then don't make the sprites low quality. If you want crappy 3D models that don't seem to have even used a UV map, then you're out of luck.
(Just a fun fact, I caught a very nasty spelling mistake there.)

Personally, I think that Sonic, Tails, Knux, and Eggman/Bosses hould have 3-D models, do to them having much larger roles, while badniks, items, ect. have minor roles, so they have sprites.

I think, personally, that people should continue to use sprites. I just released an SRB2 version of this model because I COULD.
Also, if anything, the players should be 2D and the scenery should be 3D, not the other way around.
And I DID use a UV map >:(

Well, we should have at least an opition to use models, by just putting MODELS on/off, which when on, Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles, and Eggman/bosses become models. Anything else would take too much work to do so.

That's exactly how it works. Only we don't have Sonic/Tails/Knuckles/Everything else models.

It doesn't work with 1.093.18 yet. :( When I tried to use it, It was blank, invisible. Now what do you suppose we do there?

FireLaserbeam said:
Personally, I think that Sonic, Tails, Knux, and Eggman/Bosses hould have 3-D models, do to them having much larger roles, while badniks, items, ect. have minor roles, so they have sprites.

Oh yes, lets make the crappyness of the 3D models stand out EVEN MORE by giving them to all the main characters used!
Do you relize just how bad that would really look?
Stop trying to force SRB2 to be more then it needs to be!

You know Kroze, if the person that makes the model has any skill whatsoever, it wouldn't look bad.

Shuffle said:
You know Kroze, if the person that makes the model has any skill whatsoever, it wouldn't look bad.

The problem isn't the model itself...
Its how it doesn't fit within the game itself and look like it belongs...

SRB2 has a very specific visual style at this point, and honestly, I think AJ's sprites have much more personality and character than any 3D model I've seen of him. While yes, models are more versatile, any models we use in SRB2 would be low poly, ugly, and just not as well done as AJ's sprites. No offense to Shuffle or anything, but there is just no comparing that model with a real character sprite. It took a lot less work to make, obviously, and that's the positive, but I personally preferred what was made of the old Link sprite Shuffle had.

Of course, I personally prefer 16-bit game visuals to many games nowadays, so what would I know.

I'm fine with sprites, but making large bosses is a bit hard with sprites, but hopefully with SSNTails ub3r programming sk1llz, it'll turn out fine. I just want the whole sprite look when above thing to go away...

Shuffle said:
And I DID use a UV map >:(

I mean don't use the same section of the UV map for the entire face, it looks crappy. Seperate the eyes, hair, mouth, nose, ears, and whatever other facial features. It won't look nearly as crappy.

Draykon obviously hasn't ever looked at any commercial textures. If you open most game textures for viewing, you'll see that the face is all in one area. It's just given a "fat" look on the texture so that it gets wrapped around the head correctly.

FoxBlitzz said:
Draykon obviously hasn't ever looked at any commercial textures. If you open most game textures for viewing, you'll see that the face is all in one area. It's just given a "fat" look on the texture so that it gets wrapped around the head correctly.
Well, that's those models. My technique would work alot better for this Link model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back