Saving 16-bit WAV files into Doom WAV format...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

I try saving the "Find the Computer Room!" into Doom WAV format using XWE, but the cilp is 16-bit, and it just gives me a message saying "only 8-bit mono files can be saved into Doom WAV format." However, I looked though Zim's files, and some of his clip were 16-bit in Doom WAV format...

Don't.

Use.

XWE.

I swear I'm going to do something to the wadfile to make it so XWE can't read it.

XWE's problems are generally far and few between, so breaking something that largely worked well is a pretty stupid move, to be honest.

Especially when you're one of the ONLY people I know who keeps telling people not to use it, if not THE only person.

Since all of you are beating around the bush, I guess I might as well jump in and answer this.

To convert to 8-bit mono, go to start menu->run-> type "sndrec32".
Go to Properties->convert now-> switch it to Radio Quality.
Save your wave (hah it rhymes), put it into doombuilder, convert to doom wave. Done'd.

I swear this exact process was already in the archives, but whatever.

Howabout you guys contact the authors of XWE and tell them to add in support for converting 16bit WAVs?

SRB2 supports 16-bit. There are a few samples that use 16-bit (such as the splash sound and the Got Emerald sound). Those play incorrectly in XWE of course. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back