Saving WAD files

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Some guy

YEP......... i guess you already know the question...........are there and how can i save the wad files IN THE GAME (question mark)

Do you mean something like this:

You added the Mysticrealm WAD, played through single player, the saved and quit because you had to leave. Now you want to resume from that same level, but you aren't sure it'll load since you saved in a WAD and not the main portion of the game.

If I came close to figuring out what you meant, all you have to do is add the WAD to the game, then you load up the save file. You'll start from where you saved in the WAD you were playing in earlier.

Saving Wad files

I`m sorry that i didn`t make myself clear :(. I meant that aren`t there any ways to save the wad files in the game SO that i don`t have to load them each time i start playing.I did not mean saving games like in play station.Sorry again.

Oh I see
Make a .txt file and put in the commands that you want it to do

"srb2win.exe -add wadfile.wad"

Something like that, I don't really remember x.x
Then rename it to a .bat file, then you can just double click on it and it'lle have that wad loaded.. I hope ^_^;;

Yeah, a .bat file is pretty much the only way to do it. A shortcut will also do the same thing.

addfile xxx.wad

where xxx is the filename. Repeat as needed.
Put those in a file called AUTOEXEC.cfg
The game knows to read all the commands inside that file. So, if you also want to put a couple binds, maybe some SONICCD or TIMEATTACK statements...

However, adding that to the autoexec will mean he won't be able to find any secrets, etc., etc.

I did forget about the autoexec, though. You can permanently add stuff from there. Just don't forget that you did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back