What mods are all the major servers using?

All of the servers I see in the ingame list have some kind of mod that I'm not able to download ingame - I wish it would tell me what kinds I need, but alas. Does anyone know what mods are needed for places like Steven's Multi Server, SONIC MANIA PLUS, and the Techno Zone?

There's a growing trend among servers (especially dedicated servers) where the host will package several addons into one WAD so they can fit more (read: an unnecessary amount of) stuff into the game without hitting the file limit. Since these packages typically exclusively contain other people's work they're not allowed to be uploaded here on the boards, so there's usually no way for you to obtain them outside of downloading them all through the game. It's unfortunate, since most of the stuff you're downloading is likely material you can already get here in their separate forms.

There's a growing trend among servers (especially dedicated servers) where the host will package several addons into one WAD so they can fit more (read: an unnecessary amount of) stuff into the game without hitting the file limit. Since these packages typically exclusively contain other people's work they're not allowed to be uploaded here on the boards, so there's usually no way for you to obtain them outside of downloading them all through the game. It's unfortunate, since most of the stuff you're downloading is likely material you can already get here in their separate forms.

Lame. Really makes it tough for newbies like me to join up with the rest of the community.

There're usually several more servers active than the dedicated ones with chunky files, but ever since Kart came out there's been a bit of a lull in activity for the vanilla game. Give it some time; I don't see Kart dying down anytime soon, but people will regain interest in the vanilla game once new and more exciting addons or updates are released. You could also try hosting your own server and/or inviting people from the Discord server.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back