Any extra content from STJr coming soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapheros

I have thought about what Rob said in the last topic about the music
We don't leave tracks in SRB2 with the intent of using them later. We typically leave them for other people to use if they want. If one of those tracks happens to work with a map we've made, great. If not, then we find something else.
That comes to the big question, IS there going to be any extra content coming from Sonic Team Jr? And if there is, are there any in progress?
I already heard some from Rob:
To just address a few other things said in the topic:

lol, no. There's good reason for that to be there. I was deliberately generous with the dash meter in the core special stages. I have map ideas that definitely will change the dynamic of that (whether or not those come to fruition remains to be seen, and don't take this as any sort of indication of stuff in future versions of SRB2. I've been debating the merits of making some addon NiGHTS content, but we'll see what happens.

I kinda/sorta touched on this earlier but I really don't like this idea for several reasons. Not the least of which being introducing boss mechanics into the main campaign NiGHTS special stages at the very end is probably the worst idea ever.

I have some ideas for NiGHTS bosses outside SRB2 proper. We'll see what happens with those.

I'm not sure what STJr could be doing right now, (maybe making our beloved DCZ or a Nights Boss) but I hope what they make will come out great! (ooh a rhyme :o)

You do realize that everything he talked about (aside from shooting down ideas) was for addon content, right?

That said, as far as I know there's nothing "official" coming out. I'm not gonna say anything about what's "officially" being worked on, except that there is stuff being worked on, but there's nothing planned for a release any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back