Racist Hallmark card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh come on...

This is absolute bullshit, and proof that people hear what they want to hear. He's got a valid point though, nobody whines about anti-white racism or anything, even though it happens everyone obviously thinks it's okay.

Also, can we get some proper linkage here please?

Hang on, did they take the last line out of context or is it just me? "Watch your back" but they don't mention it saying "And you planet" beforehand?

Last edited:
NAACP needs to STFU, PDQ, IYP. I listened to that card, got it for my graduation last Friday. It says "HOLES" you deaf bastards. I speaks of the universe watching out, not these so-called "Black Hores". Jesus H. Christ folks, is there nothing people won't bitch about?

In short:
<+Chaos_Knux> NAACP is obvious mafia.
<+Chaos_Knux> !vote NAACP

(glances at Inuyasha)

NAACP needs to STFU, PDQ, IYP. I listened to that card, got it for my graduation last Friday. It says "HOLES" you deaf bastards. I speaks of the universe watching out, not these so-called "Black Hores". Jesus H. Christ folks, is there nothing people won't bitch about?

In short:
<+Chaos_Knux> NAACP is obvious mafia.
<+Chaos_Knux> !vote NAACP

(glances at Inuyasha)

*Whores

I heard 'holes' the first 15 times I heard it, and that was before anyone had told me what I was meant to hear.

When I listened to the card on the link sent by Cue, I certainly didn't hear any intentional racist comments. Just little cartoon characters on a graduation card that talk in a difficult to understand way, and as a result, were comically misunderstood. In fact, until I heard the explanation provided by the article, I was baffled as to what the racist content could be.

Personally, I think some folks should lighten up and stop getting their pants in a twist the moment they hear anything that is slightly offensive, if they have that reaction to everything, then what are they doing? Spending all their time and energy on chasing little cases like this?

(Although, I did have to listen to the greeting several times to understand just WHAT the card was saying. Seriously, that voice is awful.)

That lady must have pretty good ears cause I swear I heard black holes.

No but really Hallmark should sue them for even thinking they said black whores, and besides even if it did say black whores, can't they take a joke. Also why aren't they after things like family guy and stuff, shows like that are full of racist comments (which honestly I find simply hilarious, even if I am black myself).

inb4 warring civil rights groups mutually fueled by ignorance.

I can see it now, Asians vs Blacks... what side is Tiger Woods on? (assuming Philippinos are counted as Asians, if not, the Wu-Tang Clan)

Things like this, make me fear for our people >.> I think the NAACP has run out of things to attack. There is no trace of anything even remotely sounding like an r in that card. Maybe the asians should be pissed, they have an actual excuse for confusing hole with hore

I don't understand why Hallmark would throw away their reputation just for a cheap laugh at the African American community. Graduation is a wonderful and important day in a student's life, and that card completely ruins it. Imagine the pain one feels on that day instead of the joy, thank you Hallmark.

Nah I'm just kidding, that dumb lady needs to keep her mouth shut and get a life.

Things like this, make me fear for our people >.> I think the NAACP has run out of things to attack. There is no trace of anything even remotely sounding like an r in that card. Maybe the asians should be pissed, they have an actual excuse for confusing hole with hore

I think this has happened with a lot of organizations like the NAACP, people like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, etc. They have accomplished their original goal, and now they have nothing to do, in a sense. There are people that make their livelihood working for organizations like the NAACP, and to keep it going and the money flowing, they need to find new things to attack. Otherwise, they're out of a job.

This is just horribly sad. Even though I might not have the best hearing in the world, I still heard "Black Holes." Like everyone else has said, these people heard it because they wanted to hear it, just so that they could find something to whine about because they apparently don't feel like going after the things that actually do insult black people.

I sometimes hear anti-white comments on some games I play, and I may get a little angry, but I don't go on a full out war just on that little comment, I'm not that desperate for attention.

And for the people who also understand how stupid this is, good for you for not getting dragged in by the tidal wave of stupidity that has washed over the world these past few years.

A black hole, according to the general theory of relativity, is a region of space from which nothing, including light, can escape. It is the result of the deformation of spacetime caused by a very compact mass.

Thank you Wikipedia.

Didn't hear it the first time... "Hole" the 2nd time... "Hole" the 3rd time...

I'm convinced. I even tried to hear an "r" in there but just couldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back