SRB2 in Spanish

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be great if SRB2 gets finished first before we(YOU) translate...
"Chaos Emerald"

Pretty sure Sonic isn't an American exclusive. Shouldn't some terms be already translated in the official games?

Who would write all these articles, may I ask? There aren't many editors either way on the Wiki, and I doubt we'd find someone who translates every change we make in Portuguese.

Must... resist... urge... to... volunteer...!...

I'LL DO IT!

Damn it! I sort of want to translate some of the Wiki's articles (to Portuguese), but I don't have the time for it! Well, translating one page or another every once in a while is ok but... Either way, it's like Mystic said: the Wiki is not yet complete. And from what I've seen, 70% of the edits are on user and user talk pages. That's not a good sign of progress.

And from what I've seen, 70% of the edits are on user and user talk pages. That's not a good sign of progress.
I don't know what you are looking at, but I beg to differ. The only thing that I'll give you is that I sometimes prepare articles in my namespace before I implement them, but I personally see much more edits in the actual articles.

I don't know what you are looking at, but I beg to differ. The only thing that I'll give you is that I sometimes prepare articles in my namespace before I implement them, but I personally see much more edits in the actual articles.
I encourage that, really. But what I said about most edits being user pages; well, at least that's what I always find. Every once in a while, when I check the Wiki, it's almost all user pages. Maybe some days after that, some good changes are made, but I don't catch them.
Also, I say this because, at least at Pikipedia (Pikmin Wikia), some users just take the Wiki's user pages as discussion forums!

I encourage that, really. But what I said about most edits being user pages; well, at least that's what I always find. Every once in a while, when I check the Wiki, it's almost all user pages. Maybe some days after that, some good changes are made, but I don't catch them.
Also, I say this because, at least at Pikipedia (Pikmin Wikia), some users just take the Wiki's user pages as discussion forums!
We have two specific persons that are doing this, but if you look at Recent Changes right now, you will find that almost all edits are on the main articles and have been all the time.

I'd do a japanese translation~ But no one in Japan gets SRB2 because they believe that it's a trojan. I wanted to explain it, but I need a new good video to post on NicoNicoDouga.
Do you know how crappin' hard that'd be? You'd require a sprite for every kanji and kana that would be used.
And there's also the matter of the Master Server Rules.

Not really, just a bit of spare time. There isn't that many kana, but I'm not sure about the Kanji. The whole point is that it would kind of screw over because of the limitations. You only have 8x8 areas to keep them. You would be better off increasing the size but shrinking it in the menu. Or just making a custom menu in the first place.

It's entirely possible to make a kana font set in 8x8. Famicom games did it all the time.

The question is more practicality than anything else.

and enctonces can be created, because people say that 96% of my people of my country say the game is perfect, but 90% say and ask me the game would be better translated into Spanish would be a good game support what you say but I think you can not do that is really what it says J-Down.

Who here knows srb2win.exe edit, I have a program that opens all the files to any music but that does not help with that program I`use to create my draft but waived SRB3 Back Mese grabs.

Incidentally, I've made a game in VB6 and I wanted it to be translatable, so I created a quick and effective system. Then, I recycled that function to another game in C++, and it still works well. I'll post it here if anybody is interested; unless the developers want to do that by themselves.
But basically, when the function is called, it needs an ID string and a "default" string. It then loads the language file and goes through every line. If the beginning of the line starts with the ID, followed by a equals sign, there's the string. It then uses the rest of the ID and returns it. If it reaches the EOF and it didn't find the ID, it returns the "default" string. I also made it so that it can add substrings. For instance, suppose this is inside the text file: "hud_score=SCORE \1", for the score string on the HUD. It would find this line, and write "SCORE ", followed by the number of the score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back