• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Robotnivenge.SOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrTapeworm

Midnight Abyss did nothing wrong
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Is a SOC that edits enemy behavior. A WAD with custom graphics will be included as well.
Blue Crawlas are much faster. (They may or may not shoot bullets instead)
EDIT: Tested again. Now they have SkullAttack in their walk so that they angrily lob themselves at the player.
Red Crawlas hop after the player. (credit to whoever made the 1.09.4 Aggressive Robots SOC for the idea)
EDIT: Tested. They work very well, aside from a barely noticable stutter when jumping.
Crawla Commanders make no noticable appearances besides that one in THZ2, but no one goes on that path anyways, so they're not getting any changes.
Jetty-Syn Gunners shoot long rays of purple rings every now and then.
EDIT: Tested. OI. These things are difficult to kill, but very fun to be around. The rings they shoot are pretty fun to dodge.
Jetty-Syn Bombers drop purple slime. (also credit to whoever made that SOC)
EDIT: Tested. It needs to be changed so that less slime is created. Too much will make the game lag. >_<
S.D.U.R.F.s are useless no matter how you edit them, so they get no changes.
Yellow Buzzes are much faster, faster than the red ones.
Red Buzzes aren't much faster than they already are, but they shoot sticky goop at you.
EDIT: Tested. This is something you'll want to run away from, fast. If you get caught in the goop, it'll keep shooting and close in on you. And then it hits you. OUCH.
Skims are faster.
Vultures have more precision and often will not fall down when they hit walls.
Green Snappers hop when chasing you, which actually makes them much harder to kill because of the spikes.

Eggman's Eggmobile is a bit unpredictable. If he raises his left hand, he shoots lots of rings at you. If he raises his right hand, he shoots a bomb ring. He's also faster and spawns Red Crawlas periodically.
EDIT: Tested. He's fun to fight, and sometimes kills the crawlas he drops, but that's fine. He spills them in big globs without spilling too many. The auto-ring barrage is easy to avoid if you're fast enough or if you find cover.

The other enemies will be changed too. There will also be a test level that displays all the enemies.
srb20071.png

Last edited:
Your lucky though, because this barely goes through the timer SOC thing. Also the screenshot needs to have actual examples of what you did. Anyway, as long as you don't change just the speed, looks like it could be a nifty add-on for when you are bored.

srb20072.png

Here's a screenshot. I still need to fix where the goop comes out.

What's this? A custom sprite?
minibonkhead.png

Yes. To keep this from becoming an ordinary behavior change SOC, I'm making custom graphics for all of the enemies besides Eggman. This little thing is a "Minibonk" and it replaces the Blue Crawla.

EDIT: All directions done. They really don't have any animations yet because they mostly hop at you.

Last edited:
phew! Its cool! I wonder how to make a soc file... I always get a runtime error "file not found" do you know how to fix the prblem?

Right now I'm making the graphics for the Red Crawla replacement, the Clikk.

A server with an early version of the SOC and the MiniBonk graphics is also up and running. (Name: Custom enemies)

Links please. I have to test this out for myself. Sounds awesome though.

Just like the replacement red buzz from the old SMSfun.WAD

EDIT: Lolwut? These JB's are REALLY sliming it up!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back