• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Pristine Forest (sc_pfz_a1.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
(I see an upcoming decent level designer)

Considering this is a WIP: I liked. The map has a consistent design: pleasant visuals and interesting experience; obviously it's not that map that kills you a lot and you think it's fun.

Meh... seems a tad out-of-place. Don't throw things just for sake of "isn't it beautiful?". Those floating wood planks make me think there's a construction site somewhere. Is it a "wild" scenery or isn't? Make it more "wild".

Last edited:
I'm not really sure if you'd say "Remixed", but rather Remastered. S:EQ was an RPG by Sonic Team Jr (So we're not really stealing, since it's our music to begin with) that got cancelled when SRB2 really started to take off (at least that's what I've heard. S:EQ was before my time).

There's even quite a few S:EQ tunes in the official multiplayer stages. Jade Valley, Desolate Twilight, Silver Cascade, and Nimbus Ruins all use music from S:EQ.

(I see an upcoming decent level designer)

Considering this is a WIP: I liked. The map has a consistent design: pleasant visuals and interesting experience; obviously it's not that map that kills you a lot and you think it's fun.

Meh... seems a tad out-of-place. Don't throw things just for sake of "isn't it beautiful?". Those floating wood planks make me think there's a construction site somewhere. Is it a "wild" scenery or isn't? Make it more "wild".

Thanks Ezer! I'm glad you see some talent... I was never really good with levels, but I figured if I really tried... Then I might be able to accomplish something... Thanks for boosting my hopes! ^_^

I'm not really sure if you'd say "Remixed", but rather Remastered. S:EQ was an RPG by Sonic Team Jr (So we're not really stealing, since it's our music to begin with) that got cancelled when SRB2 really started to take off (at least that's what I've heard. S:EQ was before my time).

There's even quite a few S:EQ tunes in the official multiplayer stages. Jade Valley, Desolate Twilight, Silver Cascade, and Nimbus Ruins all use music from S:EQ.

What I meant is, nevertheless, they're more or less Sonic Team Jr.'s property considering that the game was discontinued, and what you did with them is completely different than the original.

In that regard, as I stated, they are all yours, so no felonies committed and such. ;P

EDIT:: I need to learn to read more; didn't learn S:EQ was originally STJr's property. My bad. XD

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

Alright, sorry for the double post, but I wanted to let everyone know that alpha 2 is on its way.

Changes so far:

-Changed the wooden platforms to a grassy bridge that doesn't bob
-Lowered the water height extremely; no longer is it 300 FU down, but maybe 50 FU
-Completely removed the flooded path; converted it into a more forested area
-Edited the bridge in what used to be the flooded room; made it a thin grassy bridge
with flowers under it
-Changed the music (Thanks D00D64!)
-Changed around some areas a bit
-STILL need to fix that dumb Crawla facing the wrong way (it's not Deaf or facing the wrong angle, so...)
-And there's more to come...

Before I release Alpha 2, I want to finish off what USED to be originally planned as the flooded area. As for right now, it's just a series of turny hallways. I need to add in all of the details before submitting it, but I've done all the work I can for today.

Thank you all for giving me the motivation and inspiration needed to finish this level! I greatly appreciate it!!

~ZX

Last edited:
I agree with Ezer. I downloaded this alpha and I liked what I played. The level just has a distinct feel that is constant and it's just well put together. I'll be rooting for the finished product.

I agree with Ezer. I downloaded this alpha and I liked what I played. The level just has a distinct feel that is constant and it's just well put together. I'll be rooting for the finished product.

Heh, thanks. I really appreciate it.

You'll like to hear that Alpha 2 is almost done then.

I've changed many areas for the better, making it seem like a pure forest... And then some. ;)

I need to finish detailing the new, wider forested path and add another part on.

A final notice: Alpha 2 is going to be the LAST release in the Editing section.

The next release after this one will be the first Beta (which I intend on releasing when the level is finished; not necessarily detailed, but at least has an endpoint).

Just thought I'd give you all a heads-up. :P

News

Sorry for the double-post, but I wanted to let you all know that I'm going to be very busy this weekend. My family has made plans to go out and see a movie tomorrow and my little brother's birthday party is on Sunday, so I don't really have that big of a chance to work on the level I'm afraid. However, I am working on it now (not hastily, mind you!), so I'd hope that I can squeeze it out by Sunday night at the latest (the 2nd Alpha, that is).

Thanks for your patience (or not...?)!

No need to rush your work; it's probably best to wait until your mind isn't occupied by many other things to work with the level, anyway.

No need to rush your work; it's probably best to wait until your mind isn't occupied by many other things to work with the level, anyway.

Heh... Thanks for your concern, but don't worry; that's exactly what I said I wasn't going to do.

Alright, maybe I was wrong about it. There will be no release tonight; instead, it might come later this week... However, I'm not sure. I have a lot of things on my mind and school to worry about...

Man, a project I was hoping on finishing... I'm starting to think might not happen...

DOUBLE POST ALERT!!

So I've finally gotten to work on this again in my spare time. Alpha 2 is edging ever so closer to its release, and some lucky people joined my four-player-only Alpha-In-Progress testing Server, so they got a glimpse of what has changed. Lemme list:
  • Layouts have been changed
  • Rooms have been altered
  • Some textures have been changed
  • The music has changed (Thanks D00D64!)
  • The big room has been detailed
...And there is still more to come!

However, I need your opinions; I am deciding on whether or not to remove the waterslide and change the two other spiral staircases to something more fitting.

I feel that the waterslide feels out of place.

As for the staircases, one's enough. It ruins the coolness (if any) after it becomes clearly redundant.

So if you could help me decide I'd appreciate it!

And be on the lookout for Alpha 2!!

Well, in my opinion, the waterslide doesn't feel as much out of place as it just seems slapped in there. You could probably add some hazards to dodge while sliding (be it maces or death pits to jump over). That could probably give the slide some purpose.

As for the staircase dilemma, I agree with you; one is enough as it doesn't really serve a purpose for there to be two of the same staircase.

Hope I helped. ^^

Well, in my opinion, the waterslide doesn't feel as much out of place as it just seems slapped in there. You could probably add some hazards to dodge while sliding (be it maces or death pits to jump over). That could probably give the slide some purpose.

As for the staircase dilemma, I agree with you; one is enough as it doesn't really serve a purpose for there to be two of the same staircase.

Hope I helped. ^^

I'm replacing the waterslide with a path that has simple stairs leading down (otherwise barricaded from the area), and I'll make something to make platforming evident in place of the spiral staircases.

However, due to the fact I have lost motivation, this level has been put on hold. I do not know when I will pick it up again (if at all). Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back