• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Best of the OLDC

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean Abandoned Factory? Illustrion got 7, the factory was in the 6 range. :P

mta_contest-bestof2004.wad

What is with the "a?" Am I missing some blindingly obvious gametype or something?

"A" stood for chaos mode back in the day. I don't think SonicMaster or I excluded the thing types for it to function properly, so I just kept it labeled that way.

*patiently waits for best of 2005*

The average of the Best of 2005 is 7.72. Forty percent of these maps are above said average. This is nice. Not only were people voting more accurately, but there was only ONE map in 2004 that got a score higher than 7.72, and that was Carved Barracks.

Just as a notice, I've set the release date for the 2005 pack to Monday. If you want to take a look at the rotation a couple days before then, you can join the SigSev contest this Saturday, located in my signature.

Well, for those of you who didn't sign up for Best of 2005 Contest, you missed out on a rather enjoyable tournament. The first five levels failed, but the next five levels were all enjoyable, and Lava Dome was seriously epic.

*contest. What's being held next on the cafe is a tournament.

But yeah. I honestly would have to say it was the most interesting contest I hosted... definitely not the best, but it wasn't bad either. There was just some really sub-par maps in the rotation, and people were hopping on and off. But whatever.

As SM said, the first half was really blegh. I was considering making some slight changes to them (raise the brightness, get rid of a water current), but then again, it probably isn't right to edit their levels without their consent. If you have any thoughts on this, though, then... y'know.

Best of 2005 is available for download!

Sorry, I'm just a tad late in uploading this. Anyway, I think you'll agree that this, in some ways, is better and worse than 2004. Check the first post for the link and see for yourself.

I'll probably be working on 2003 and 2006 simultaneous. Best of 2003 is gonna suck, but I have pretty high hopes for 2006. If I can get 2006 done in time, I may use it for the next SigSev Contest so you guys could get a peak at it a day or two before release.

As I expected, 2003 sucks, but 2006 exceeded my expectations. I really think these two will be the worst and the best packs respectively.

Consider Friday, January 16th your bittersweet update. The packs are compiled and essentially done, but I'm not finished bug checking it, adding special rings to the circuit stages and writing the txt files (as well as fixing that one error in one of my previous txts...).

The Best of 2003 and 2006 are up!

To add to that, I now have new webspace, and I've uploaded all four current zips onto it. This also means, no need to worry about bandwidth!

2003's Jason's Base has been updated to be compatible with 1.09.4, but no changes have been made to any other of the year's maps.

As for 2006, I added special rings to the circuit stages. Try out ringslinger in them 'n' stuff and tell me how well they work.

I'm going to bed now. G'night, folks, enjoy.

Wall Fortresses Zone gets skipped when you do EXITLEVEL or simply finish Forest War Zone, because WFZ is not marked as a CTF map in the header. It had that problem in the pack it came in, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back