• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Skyward City (Match level)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you go in the water, you go down a little, then change to your springing frame while being pushed out of the water by gravity. (does not affect whole sector. it only affects water.)

Adding springs will make the water red/yellow/blue and laggy, who would put over 593 springs in the water? I see what you mean but people do not want to die over looking for springs. Besides, how will the storyline tell how the springs got there anyway?

Edit:More useful - I think he knows about the sky, I am trying to fix that by version 0.0.6

im saying like 5 or 6 springs XD

-edit-
thanks ezer, wow i guess its cause im more used to texturing in 3d mode, i wasnt that aware of 2d mode texturing

Alright, well I'm turning in now, but I'll keep my eye on this one. I'd like to see some improvement to this wad. Good night.

*drowned 999,999,999,999 times and survived 1 time* Help! Help me spr-*drowned*. I think that would be the storyline for that. =P. After all, who would want to search a whole map for just 1 spring, thats like -200 points off of there score because of wasting time.

i mean put a couple springs in the places most likely to fall into....

and it was 999,999,999,998 times drowned and 2 times survived *evil laugh*

But woulden't the springs distroy the translucent water? Because you would be able to see the springs, and before on the old map, there were death pits that had springs. And what is up with that linedef that isn't even tagged to anything and I see unclosed sectors from cars. And BTW, can I add some more images to the wad so I can have like the floor images to be wall images and wall images to be floor images so I will not have to bare with I have?

im sure ive seen translucent water with springs before, (feel free to add whatever you want, thanks for the help) and plus i dont remember tagging the cars for anything, lemme check on that, wow, four pages O_O

-EDIT- -written on the release of the SkyHigh Gardens: Area 1-

in case many of you are reading back to these poorly checked and confusing posts, this was a long time ago, and i was very new to this.
Lets say i raised a few levels from this wierd behavior. Im now much better at wadding and, er... i dont think i sound so.... i cant explain it.

I would go with the gravity-prof water. After all, it makes it look like you just hit a spring when I add the sprite change linedef and people will be impressed.

I have a suggested format for it:

Credits:
bla for bla
bla for bla
bla for bla
bla for bla...

Special Thanks:
SuperTheHedgehog for the map & some updates & thinking skills
Donovan The Hedgehog for some updates & thinking skills
Ezer.Arch for the cecho idea upon cars
bla for bla...

Edit: Looks like its time for bed.

Ok, looks like I only got a few more minutes before bed.

Lets see, don't remove all of the linedefs, you can turn them into grass edges and make the level look better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back