Official Level Design Contest: November/December 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang I need to get to work on that! I haven't added anything since when you last took a look at it. X_X

Looks like I returned a bit on the late side. Still, I have a Sp level in the works for this contest, called Sunset Strand zone.

I'll post some screenies shortly. It's the sort of level you'd find at the beginning of a MOD, (Easy) But I've tried to pay tons of attention to detail.
If I had started earlier I would have done a nice, full scale remix of the Jade Coast music to suit the level, but, because of the limited time I have, I've made some minor changes and lowered the pitch. The final effect was quite fitting, actually =)

Anyway, good luck to everyone who has entered/is entering!

EDIT: Almost finished ^.^ - But dont expect an act 2 for a while. Everything is too detailed. There's even the same sort of flower proportion (Lots of oranges, a few purples and the odd sunflower) >.>

Remember, these screens are of W.I.P areas :) Oh, and sorry about imageshack, didn't have time to go to my ftp and shove it all on there.

Screenies:

Enjoy =P

It helps not to have those in you level. xD - But I think they're the obvious ones.

Also, submitted my level.

~~~Merry Christmas everyone!

* Map has been submitted *

srb20838.png

srb20839.png

I made two making-of's too:

VIDEO #1
(Soundtrack "Three Ring Nightfall" by Hadyn: http://www.projectchaos.info/php/media.php).

VIDEO #2
(Soundtrack "Red Sphere, Blue Sphere" by chthonic: http://www.projectchaos.info/php/media.php).

Shucks, looks like I won't have enough time to submit my map. Ah well, February will do.

Nathan Speed said:
I'm gonna hope that isn't match or single player. Or else I insta-lost.

Funny.... seems you have played it before. ^_^

I can guarrante you can see everything from everywhere, and there is not so much places where you can hide in.

Ezer.Arch said:
Nathan Speed said:
I'm gonna hope that isn't match or single player. Or else I insta-lost.

Funny.... seems you have played it before. ^_^

I can guarrante you can see everything from everywhere. And there is not so much places where you can hide in.

So wait, did I insta-lose? I never played this...

Nathan Speed said:

Aww wait (lol)... I didn't mean "actually you have played it", but "seems you have played it". I said so because you have commented about a thing that, in my humble opnion, made me think you had played the map... sorry for misunderstandings, please, I hope you didn't get me wrong...

Additional info about my map:

It's a match map and tag supported too.

The map was designed to look big and monumental, but is just ~ 9,000 x 6,000 FU large. Not so far for some official maps and Jazz' maps (thanks JAZZ!!!! \o/ ) . There are a cistern and a 2-floors building with 4 staircases and a lot of windows by which you can see everything (and be seen too). Just it, nothing more. And all of the places are absolutally accessible for Sonic, Tails and Knuckels.

I can ensure it because I hosted my map on MS 10 times or more: no one got lost or complained "OMG, 2 LARGE!!!". With just 4 players, we have a lot of fun hurting each other, running like hell and bouncing springs and trying firing each other on mid-air over cistern.

Ezer.Arch said:
Nathan Speed said:

Aww wait (lol)... I didn't mean "actually you have played it", but "seems you have played it". I said so because you have commented about a thing that, in my humble opnion, made me think you had played the map... sorry for misunderstandings, please, I hope you didn't get me wrong...

Additional info about my map:

It's a match map and tag supported too.

The map was designed to look big and monumental, but is just ~ 9,000 x 6,000 FU large. Not so far for some official maps and Jazz' maps (thanks JAZZ!!!! \o/ ) . There are a cistern and a 2-floors building with 4 staircases and a lot of windows by which you can see everything (and be seen too). Just it, nothing more. And all of the places are absolutally accessible for Sonic, Tails and Knuckels.

I can ensure it because I hosted my map on MS 10 times or more: no one got lost or complained "OMG, 2 LARGE!!!". With just 4 players, we have a lot of fun hurting each other, running like hell and bouncing springs and trying firing each other on mid-air over cistern.

Well Elemental Arena just lost. At least I have Sand Valley as hope. XD

I don't know if my map will make it. I went into the computer room to work on it today and my computer simply won't turn on. I am using my Mom's laptop right now. Dang, all of the maps I have made so far might be lost forever... =(

Oh, holy ****, man. I had that happen to me a couple months ago...fortunately, all my SRB2 stuff was backed up.

Ice said:
I don't know if my map will make it. I went into the computer room to work on it today and my computer simply won't turn on. I am using my Mom's laptop right now. Dang, all of the maps I have made so far might be lost forever... =(

Ice, release them somewhwere, anywhere, so that if you do have to change computers, you can get them back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back