SRB2 OpenGL for Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapheros

If a topic is already made about this, please link it to me, and I apologize for double threading, I was too lazy to look for it.

Anyways, My OpenGL is... decent... but I don't know what's the best version of OpenGL for Windows Vista. This is because I swear either it's OpenGL, or something in SRB2CB that causes a loading glitch to make the water freeze my game. As for the Vanilla it works well, but I don't know if the framerate is good enough for the game. It runs smooth , but not very smoothly like 60 FPS. But yeah, is there any newer versions of OpenGL for Windows Vista, or do I need to change my graphics card which is "Realtek RTL8101 Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)"

I cannot speak for SRB2CB, but SRB2 doesn't use anything that newer versions of OpenGL would provide (i.e.: no shaders, no tessellation, etc.).

You probably could fix it by going to Options > Video options > OpenGL options > Low-end hardware mode: On. It would turn off the water effect and the blur motion in order to get better FPS.
And just like you SRB2CB runs smoothly in my PC unlike Vanilla SRB2, even Cineblast runs faster in OpenGL than the normal SRB2 does. I always found that odd though.

Last edited:
You probably could fix it by going to Options > Video options > OpenGL options > Low-end hardware mode: On. It would turn off the water effect and the blur motion in order to get better FPS.
And just like you SRB2CB runs smoothly in my PC unlike Vanilla SRB2, even Cineblast runs faster in OpenGL than the normal SRB2 does. I always found that odd though.

It's because the WONDERFUL people of Sonic Team JR really LOVE OpenGL so much that they try as hard as they can to make sure it is DEFINITELY WORKING and NOT LAGGY while the creator of SRB2CB completely fixed OpenGL and added slopes and all that. A whole team of people failed to make OpenGL run well and failed to add proper slopes, yet 1 guy managed to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back