Zanyhead's Editing Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanyhead

Mimigas' Rights Activist
A few cue-vest-e-ons:

1. Can a Starpost special sector work without the starpost thing?
2. Where would SOC merges go in the code?
3. Where is the code for number counters (Score, Rings, etc.) and how can I change them to bars?

1. It wouldn't make much sense because it doesn't know which checkpoint are you triggering :P
2. MAINCFG lump
3. In SOCEdit, "Edit HUD coordinates"

EDIT: oh, wait, you want to change them to bars. Well, no, you can't do that except by modifying the EXE o_O'

1. Sik is wrong on this, what you do is change the flags. The first checkpoint uses Flag value: 0 the second would be Flag value: 1 and so on. This will tell srb2 which checkpoint to spawn to, as well as the order. I believe they will only work if its spawned on the ground (you can use instantlower if you have to put it on a fof).

EDIT: Oops I misread. Sik is probably right.

Except he's talking about a checkpoint sector without a checkpoint thing :P I think there's a workaround to this through, by using a checkpoint thing but hiding it. And yes, it works properly at respawn, as it takes into account the coordinates at where you entered the sector, not the thing coordinates.

Make the Starpost out of sight (but still in that sector) so you can't hear the sound or see the thing spin. :V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back