Crysis demo (+full version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naga

True liar.
Whoawhoah. It's like the best thing I've ever played.

Has anyone had a chance to play this? (Probably few, due to the 1.8GB download size and the high system requirements...) If your system hits a good spec* to run the game, I reccomend it... definetely buying this game when it comes out.

*My system is Windows Vista Ultimate, 1GB DDR2-533 RAM (Yes, the site states you need 1.5GB for the game...), Athlon 64 5200+ X2 with a Geforce 7600GT. On the lowest settings, in 1024x768, I can hit around 50FPS, 800x600 is capped to 60FPS due to VSync. As for the RAM and the "minimum" Vista requirements, the only problem is background music not playing properly (a few artefacts, and the controls delaying slightly when other characters start chatting to you, but this isn't that often... shouldn't be a problem when you play SRB2 online. ;P).

Though, if you have played this, maybe you're the same as me. I admit I'm a bit of a cloak whore, just about all the time using it. I find it REALLY fun to hide behind a rock or bush with cloak, then pop up and shoot at someone's head. It's great. Headshots will kill an enemy instantly, unless they have a helmet... but then, just don't hit the helmet.

*Sets aside money for the game.*

Gonna download it, the only thing I have lower than you is my graphics card, hopefully a GeForce 7300GS will survive...
*waits 1 hour and 4 minutes for it to download :<*

cueball61 said:
Gonna download it, the only thing I have lower than you is my graphics card, hopefully a GeForce 7300GS will survive...
*waits 1 hour and 4 minutes for it to download :<*

It should. The minimum requirement is a 6600GT, which I'm sure is either the same as or lower performance then the 7300GS.

But, anyways. Have you seen some of the performance reviews with this game? Even on medium settings in, say, 1440x900 it seems to butcher all but the 8800 Ultra...

Should be able to get myself an 8600GT or something sometime. I'm too cheap to go in the high-end cards.

I, personally, have never heard about it. Elaborate.

http://files.filefront.com/Crysis+SP+Demo/;8895696;/fileinfo.html I think this is enough elaboration.

Sik said:
Why do you want super-high resolutions? I'm fine with 640x480 :P

Out of luck. The game doesn't go lower than 800x600. :P Besides. High resolutions look nice, but I'll happily sacrifice that for a decent play speed. Here's hoping I can get a decent widescreen resolution for my monitor. (On my mom's one at the mo', bog standard 15" display...)

How I cannot wait for that 32" TV I'm getting for Christmas, SHOULD be able to do 1920x1080 (It can do 1080i, so we'll see :<).
And then there's the 8800GTX, so a lovely resolution in Crysis for me <3

Anyways, I had to start the download again, didn't have enough time yesterday, so it's 51% now.

cueball61 said:
How I cannot wait for that 32" TV I'm getting for Christmas, SHOULD be able to do 1920x1080 (It can do 1080i, so we'll see :<).

Anyways, I had to start the download again, didn't have enough time yesterday, so it's 51% now.

^-- Crysis slaughters the 8800GTX. Look at the whole thing: http://www.legionhardware.com/document.php?id=698&p=2

ree-c said:
cueball61 said:

^-- Crysis slaughters the 8800GTX. Look at the whole thing: http://www.legionhardware.com/document.php?id=698&p=2

Generally when playing a first person shooter we like to have an average frame rate of about 50fps to ensure consistent game play. Surprisingly this is exactly what the GeForce 8800 GTX offered at 1920x1200 using the high quality settings in Windows XP. Although the average frame rate sat at just 33fps, the 8800 GTX offered perfectly playable performance. This was because the frame rates never seemed to fluctuate enough to lag the game, at least not in the first level.

Whoo bump, since rather than make a new topic: Who here has actually bought the game? :D

I did, whoo! Completed it. It's AWESOME. And pretty long, too.

Also, 640x480 (You can enable it through "system.cfg" in x:/program files/electronic arts/crytek/crysis/system.cfg) with medium everything (Postprocessing is on high) with low shadows (RAAAAPE) runs nice on this 7600GT...

So, anyone bought the game yet, or considering it?

Crysis would humiliate my computer and burn a hole in the heatsink. A RADEON x550 series card is not going to cut it.

EDIT: Actually, that contradicts the point of a heatsink. It'd disintigrate the heatsink.

ooh burn. My friend's hoping to get it running on his machine, as he's running an ATI Radeon X1650 Pro 512MB (The AGP version, not PCIe. Poor him). Too bad he can't get this new power supply (430 watt) working, since even games like Halo crash due to the insufficient power supply (280) he has in the machine.

Also, playing through the game again. :D Great fun. Even in low resolutions the games looks <3. Just gotta love seein' all the enemies dancing around a hail of assault rifle fire.

Also, Fury, haven't heard my computer playing Crysis. Like my mom's hairdryer or the vacuum cleaner or a jet or something. I keep thinking that at one point the graphics card's about to explode.

Vrooooooooom.

One otehr thing you can do is run the game in 640x480, even though you can't select that resolution in the in-game menu, you can get the game to use it through C:/program files/Electronic Arts/Crytek/Crysis/System.cfg (Said the location before), which, like SRB2's autoexec.cfg, you need to make yourself. Well, anyway, to use 640x480 (Or just about any resolution, at that), use r_height= and r_width= (On seperate lines). Using it, I changed a load of stuff to get it to look good and run nicer. :D

Hey, Cue, have you tried running the game yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back